Most Beautiful Glass youve ever seen

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by mogwi411, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Man... That was an amazing article. The idea behind that operation is awe inspiring. Air trapped reticello is so sick. I couldn't imagine seeing so many talented people doing what they do best in one spot. Some of those pieces... Thanks for sharing that link!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I know eh?! Bare in mind that these two were using 20th century/ turn of the century technology. Neither the father, or his son took on any apprentices. So the techniques that they specifically used/ mastered are no longer known...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I love this thread, thanks guys:D

4. That second piece picture was taken in Vancouver. That's science world, I cycle around that area like everyday!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1392495693.691134.jpg

Omega369 :wave:

5. this is why i love glass!!!

6. If the owner of that piece ends up drowned in that water....we'll know what happened, and we expect payment or we'll talk :)

7. I'm liking the purple rain trend right now. Purple rain is the new slime - everyone is using it

8. #28 Crazy 88, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014
    I get nervous just looking at videos of the Blaschkas glass art. Makes me feel like a sneeze is going to make them explode.

9. I feel ya man lol A lot of their work was put away for a long time because they were afraid to handle it. I mean look at the tips of the tentacles. They're drawn out to such a fine point, all it would take is one shakey mistake to snap it off. Compromising the entire piece. They were truly masters of their craft! That's only a few basic examples of the work they did for the natural history museum. So beautiful.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. here's some more colors to salivate over, the purple rain isn't a custom color but the others I believe are custom:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Does my mirror count?

12. BTGB - bob the glass blower
    I like the mario stuff...man that mario looks like he dropped a tab lol eyes like saucers

13. gotta love liquid chrome ;) 

14. Ahhh Chrome lol That is my happy place!

15. You live near Barrie man?

16. #38 mogwi411, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
    Do you know the artist for this?  The figure at the front of the ship kind of looks like those banjo slides.

17. I'm loving this dunny

Crunk 2013 Dunny
    [​IMG]

18. The thing that makes me sad about functional glass art (Like that Honey Queen piece for example,) is that if you do decide to use it, you'll never be able to clean that out.