Mosh pits: You're doing it wrong.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by no comment, Sep 2, 2010.

1. i don't know how many of you go to shows where there are 'mosh pits' but let me clear up what they are:

a mosh pit is a large mass of people who are dancing so intensely that they happen to bang against each other, swing eachother, thrash together, or thrash in a circle (this is called a circle pit). its an act that many punks and metalheads do to get out the aggession of every day life. its fun and as i said, intense as fuck.

now, something happened over time.. with toughguy hardcore and shitty redneck metal ruining pits. people starting thinking it was about showing off how tough you are. this is NOT the case. this is infact, what RUINS moshpits for people.

sure, in any moshpit you run the risk of gettin hit in the face, elbowed in the mouth, or tripped to the ground. that happens, what SHOULDNT happen is some asshole going out of his way flailing his fists around and doing spin kicks trying to kill you. dont go in there with a mean face tying to piss someone off or prove how punx rock you are. it just proves you're a novice to shows.

theres nothing worse than dancing, havin a good time, only to have some bald fat guy wearing a metalcore shirt ram you as hard as he can trying to knock you down. ive had it all happen to me, stagedive kicks to the face, elbows to the dick, its fine if its an accident, i make sure to even mouth 'sorry' to someone when i hit them by mistake. its a fucking courtesy.

so next time you go in a mosh pit, go to have a good time. not to fuck shit up. that makes you an asshole.

2. This news is long overdue lol

First time I broke anything was my collarbone in a wall of death, I was in the front line which is the worst place to be in a wall of death.

I havent been to a concert in a while but all the scene/teen kids and shit used to just go in and start spinning around like a helicopter flailing their arms everywhere, its always funny watching them make fools of themselves.

3. that wall of death shit is RETARDED.

4. I agree 200%

It was fun until I almost drowned in a sea of sweaty people falling over.