Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mortar and Pestle?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DBoome, Dec 27, 2010.

1. I was wondering if anyone here has ever tried grinding up their bud in a mortar and pestle? Does this work? Grinding up herbs is what it is for really. :confused:

2. Kinda curious about this too. I've got a small one but was always afraid to give it a try. WOuld be a neat alternative.

3. man if i had a nice wooden mortar and pestle that'd be awesome for grinding weed. i'd feel so.. peaceful while doing it. just thinking "this is how my ancestors did it... :D"

4. Haha, baked that would be such a great experience. But yeah thats exactly what I'm talking about. I think I might just have to go and give it a try later today, if I do I will post results. :cool:

5. I wouldn't do that bro. It'll just mash it up.

The big thing these days is grinders that catch kief. Using a pestle you are just going to smash all of your resin glands to the bowl.

6. I dont think it would work unless it is extremely dry, to the point where it crushes into powder.

Other than that, it will just get flattened and stick to the sides.

7. yeah actually you're probably right. :(