Morrowind

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by ZeroFallen, Sep 24, 2011.

1. #1 ZeroFallen, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2011
    I have this game for the 360 and I wanna get into it, ive started two characters on the PC and one one the 360 but I can never get further than the second town. Coming from your experience which character race should I pick and should I go blade blunt or mage? Just put 60 hours into an oblivion character in the last 2 months and im sick of it. Cant wait to actually play through Morrowind :D

Also should I go evil and just fuck shit up or be a good guy?

2. From what I remember, destruction is the skill to have. Melee isn't nearly as useful as it is in Oblivion.

Also there's soooo many items and quests to miss, even in that very first town, if you aren't careful. Make sure you check guides and shit before diving into it.

3. Thats what I remember from it that melee combat was super clunky and I was just so used to Oblivion it ruined the game for me. Im probably gonna go dark elf mage or maybe a nord battle mage....fuck though im doing a nord battlemage in skyrim though.

And trust me dude im a damn completionist I go in every house and talk to everybody multiple times on accident.

4. Lol yeah the thing about melee in morrowind is that you "miss" a lot when your skill/weapon is shitty. But you still see the normal animation when you miss, so you see your guy swing a whole bunch of times and do like no damage at all.

Hope that makes sense, it gets better if you take the time to level your skill, but from what I remember its a lot easier to just go mage heavy.

Damn its been so long since I've played morrowind..

5. Claymores in that game with a good to hand wep skill are OP. Plenty of rare ones in the game that are easy to get.

6. #6 ZeroFallen, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2011

oh my god tell me about it, I enter a lighthouse in the first town and go in the corner to loot the barrels and this bitch starts raping me from behind and as im turning around she knocks me down and continues fucking me up... I get up and use some spells on her but then realize im using fire on a dunmer FML. STILL trapped in the got damn corner so I start using my sword but its no help and I end up fleeing and re enter a few seconds later with my frost spell at the ready but as soon as I enter I get hit in the face and knocked to the damn floor, I get up and turn around to run out the door but the cunt knocks me down again and I die and rage and hit A a few times which is New Game at the death menu for some shitty ass reason. Lost my character.

TL;DR I go inside a lighthouse and get manhandled by some bitch and accidently start a new game at the death menu...lost my shit. Dont even wanna play it anymore.

I might just go nord next time and try that out as well as the spears which sound cool and new cuz they were missing from oblivion

7. Somebody give me some motivation to play this, ive heard how great it is from hundreds of people but im not seeing it. Whats so great?

8. The experience. The dunmer culture. The crazy things you can find and do. The loot. And if it helps you stay with Dark Elf battlemage then Skyrim' Dunmer look a lot more like Morrowind's. Plus, you could read The Infernal City. Which has Vvardenfell pretty much devestated and the Argonians taking Morrowind. Your character is the Nevarine (sp?) and a God slayer. Its pure epicness.

9. Gonna give it another shot, just upset because I spent a lot of time making the class and everything. I guess every game has some kind of point of no return where you have to put a few hours into it then it starts getting good.

10. Woah what? They make Morrowind for the 360 specifically? Or are you using a regular xbox disc?

I've been playing Morrowind since 2002 ( Best game ever ), and it was only available on PC, then Xbox. I once tried to put my regular Xbox disc in my 360 console, and it wasn't backwards compatible.

11. Oh, just read you aren't motivated to play it anymore. That's because it's not anything like Oblivion man. If you actually do the main quest, you will get sucked into how awesome the story line is. Like the guy above said, the Dunmer culture, is remarkable in that game. Then there are guild quests. Also, the expansions Tribunal and Bloodmoon are gnarly. In Bloodmoon you get to do this awesome Werewolf questline on the frozen island of Solsthiem. Tribunal is awesome too.

12. yeah i have it on the pc. i can never really get into it lol. last time i tried i got into a guild and everything and i was starting to really like it but then i had no fuckin idea where to go on my quest,got annoyed,and quit lol