More than one in a pot?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lilbabyjrsob, Apr 20, 2007.

1. How many plants can i have in one pot?. The pot that i have is about 3 gallons and there are over 8 plants in it. Will they just get to a point and then die or is there a chance for a vegetation for some of these?

BTW: Its soil and i am using a 250 watt metal halide.

2. this is a bad idea! if you have enough cash for a light but not seperate plants...? the plants will sprout and once they start growing they will end up fighting for room in the pot and root bound eachother till they all die. if they are still saplings i would atleast put them in solo cups for now till you can scrounge up some more cash for better pots!

cheers

3. Thanks. Thats what i thought would happen. I was given this pot with the plants in it. I was just curious if there was any hope for them. I guess i should transplant them into individual pots. They are about 4-6 in. right now. What size pots should i transplant them to for good?

4. For their final home each one should get at least a 3 gal container.

5. If there that big, and not due to streching you'll probably not be able to untangle the roots without killing them, post a couple of picks to be sure but in all likelyhood you'll be better off just killing off 7 of them.

If you want to salvage the plants you chop you can treat them like clones, however, if you have more seeds you may just want to start some more in seperate pots.