more intakes or another exhaust???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by richirich_99, Sep 26, 2008.

1. So i just finished my cab and ran a trial run before i put the girls in it, but its running a lil hotter than i would like. Currently im have a cab that i am using half for flowering, and the other half for mothers/clones. I currently have 3 2inch pvc passive intakes, and im using a 200cfm fan like this one: http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2008092610361356&item=16-1038&catname= its the same fan, but mine is just 200 cfm. for my exhaust. its about a 6inch exhaust fan. The flower area is 3'Hx1.5'Dx2'W. The temps are currently running about 5 degrees hotter than room temp with the door closed and latched. Should i add another intake or another exhaust? I have another one of the same fans as my exhaust i could use. I would perfer to add another intake, and not use the fan if i dont have too, but wanted to see what everyone else thought before i started cutting anything else. Thanks!

2. That is more than enough fan for that sized space. Try another intake first. If that doesn't work you should try cooling the fan directly as well with a cooltube or something similar.

3. Thanks. I forgot to mention that i am growing with cfl's. Currently my room temp is about 75-76, and it running at about 81-83 inside the cab. I'll add another intake and see what happens. How would i cool the fan directly? sorry im really stoned lol.

4. thats about normal. I'm pulling air from outside right now that is 73 degrees, and my room is at its highest point since I switched the 1000 Watt on. Its hovering around 81 degrees.

Last night I was pulling in 60 degree air and my thermostat kept my room at 74 degreees.... can't ask for much more than that, i just need winter to get here so i can have natural air conditioning

5. Ah for CFL's just blowing a fan right on them helps. You should probably try another inlet and see how that works. Your intake is on the bottom and your outlet up top, right?

6. yea my exhaust is in the top left corner of the cab, and i have my intakes right at the bottom of the shelf. I have a fan blowing on them, and it seems to be helping. I can put my hand between the lights and the plants and its comfortable. Isnt the general rule you want a bigger intake than you do exhaust?