more heat or less light?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Grimm420, May 15, 2013.

1. I'm gonna be away from my plant all weekend, I grow in my closet with cfls and LEDs. I have to open the door and have a fan on it to keep it cool, then close when its lights off.

would it be better to take out the cfls, effectively cutting down the light or would it just be better to leave the lights in and it be 90* +?

theres no ventilation other than the door being open, and my brother is unreliable when it comes to....well, anything.

2. Only in this case I would say less light so you don't get heat stress on your plants

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hang a big thick towel or sheet folded a few times over the door and leave it cracked. That'll block light and keep air moving a little bit more.

• Like Like x 1
  4. k thanks. if the sheet doesnt work I'll just turn off the cfls

5. #5 Navarone, May 16, 2013
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
    Oh and I don't mean hang it on the actual door, I mean staple or tack it to the trim around the door so it hangs over the whole thing and blocks any light around where the door meets the jam and floor. You'll need a few layers of sheets, unless you can find a towel that big. Whatever you use, hold it up to the light to make sure none leaks through.