morbazons420s top 44 grow under a 400 watt MH

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by morbazon420, Jun 23, 2007.

1. well after a failed atempt of growing shaman I was pissed and stoped growing for a while but now that I have some more knowledge I have decided to grow the only seeds I have left nirvanas top44 am growing in a box in the basement the box is cheap made of plywood I have a 400 watt MH in a 2'x2' with a small fan blowing on the seedlings the lights are about two feet above the plants this is my first grow log and will update twice a week anywho heres the picks

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

anyone is wellcome to bash me or leave comments
    morbazon420

2. so yeah i forgot something I plan on vegging these girls (fingers crossed) for only about 2-3 weeks then flowering them to get rid of males then i plany on seeing what yeald i will get vegging only 3 weeks at the most and useing only metal hilaid light spelling not my cup of tea
    morbazon420

3. any comments?

4. well after I got up this morning well sort of I got up at 3 pm :eek:
    I looked at my seedlings and thought wow they have grown so I have decided to make this a everyday apdated journal
    anyhoo hears the picks
    DSC00199.JPG

DSC00204.JPG

DSC00201.JPG

DSC00203.JPG

DSC00202.JPG

5. I think you're overdoing it with the water.
    Looks like you got away with it so far....

6. even though it seems no ones leaving comments its time for updates when I went into my box this morning they had dried up alot so I gave them a drink of water
    DSC00205.JPG

DSC00206.JPG

DSC00207.JPG

7. In most of the pics it looks like the seedlings are sitting in a puddle of water. NO Good. And by dried up, how died up it sould be dry for like an inch down before you add more water.

edit: the towel ontop of the growbox is probably a bad idea. it looks like a pretty risky fire hazard.

8. ^^thanks man^^
    I know about not overwatering but I thought at the seedling stage they needed to be kept wet all the time now that I know i will lett them dry up be for waterering
    I went fishing today and did pretty well about 5 nice walleye:p

9. time for updates
    I transplanted them today into bigger pots
    they look kind of yellow ish but hears the picks :hello:

Picture 020.jpg

Picture 021.jpg

Picture 022.jpg

Picture 023.jpg

Picture 024.jpg

Picture 025.jpg

Picture 026.jpg

10. Good show!

BTW you should be able to change the white balance or light mode on the camera to fix the blue-ish pics.

good luck!

11. hi everyone:p
    they havent grown to much but hears the picks anywho
    Picture 031.jpg

Picture 032.jpg

Picture 033.jpg

Picture 034.jpg

Picture 035.jpg

Picture 036.jpg

Picture 037.jpg

12. well there is some yellowing going on I don't know wer its comeing from bc I have not fed them yetmaybe someone can help me out hears the pics

Picture 038.jpg

Picture 039.jpg

Picture 040.jpg

Picture 041.jpg

Picture 042.jpg

Picture 043.jpg

Picture 044.jpg

13. have you checked your ph?

14. hi morbazon,
    i think you'll find that there are a lot of good people here that are willing to help.:)
    i had to go back and look at that first pic with the bag of soil. it says it has a slow release fertilizer in it. that may not be what's causing the yellowing but it will cause trouble down the road. i'm sure you'll do just fine with the help and advice from the good folks here at gc.:wave:

15. unfourntetly no I dont have a meater yet

16. what kind of trouble are we talking about? do I need to tranplant again?
    allso does wallmart carry soil with no ferts?

17. hears some pics of them that look like there dying

DSC00252.JPG

DSC00246.JPG

DSC00247.JPG

DSC00248.JPG

DSC00249.JPG

DSC00250.JPG

DSC00251.JPG

18. I deffently think it is your soil. it may be too rich for the little seedlings. I suggest you get some good peatmoss and worm castings, I mix 1 part of the worm castings with 3 parts peatmoss. I use this mixture though out the entire plant cycle, so when I transplant, I will mix some soil and that is what I mix.

Once the plants get a bit bigger I would start adding more nutrients, but for not I would just go with the soil mix.

With that premix stuff you cant tell what the plant is actually getting, and they are so small you dont want to burn them, which may already have happened.

19. I would try and find a hydroponics store in your area, they are your best option! Walmart may sell what you are looking for, but is going to be a lower grade then a hydroponics store. You want nothing but the best for your buds, in the end it will be worth it, and your plants will have a better chance of surviving!

20. I transplanted them in non ferted potting soil after one day they seem to have perked up