Mopeds

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Pistils, May 16, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Who's all got a moped?

Taking mine in today for some work since I didn't ride it for a couple years. Looking forward to that 100mpg this summer!

Got this one from a mechanic at a moped shop, it wasn't for sale cause it was his personal moped but he was nice enough to let me buy it from him. Searched for one forever and he just happened to have exactly what I wanted lol.

IMG_20220516_131213814_HDR.jpg

2. I've got a 1998 Honda Elite SR. Metallic purple with white rims lol. Its been parked for probably over 5 years. The plan is to bore it out to 72cc some day. Said me, like 10 years ago.

Not mine, but just like it.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nice. They're so fun lol. You should get it running again :)

4. It's on the "shit i need to get running so I can justify having it" list.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. On earth these are called motor scooters in about every English speaking country I know of parts guide:

[​IMG]
    this is a moped above its what fans kill for, the scooter is what you buy ur 13yo girl
    mopeds have a huge following as they use less gas then even scooters developed after WW2

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. My 89 was in fact sold to my friends 13 year old sister.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. my buddy owned one, such a bad driver in cars, I had a bet he'd be dead by years end with a scooter I lost the bet
    that said I had to leave town once in Italy yeah it was the Italian hairdresser who saved the day
    in her hot scooter Italian made too

but learning how much the moped takes on gas won the day maybe the month
    about a 120 miles per gallon ....lol

8. Italy loves their scooters, that's where all the fancy parts I want come from.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Not with my fat ass on it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. I made my own in my garage!

PIC_2913.JPG

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I thought it had to have peddles.

12. it has look close

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yeah, I know, I meant, the others had no peddles. A moped has peddles or it's not a moped.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mine has one duct taped on. Almost have the second one on there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. #15 Pistils, May 17, 2022
    Last edited: May 17, 2022
    Nope, they were named mopeds because when they first came out they had pedals.

16. This is called a Go-Ped
    PIC_2977.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  17. that wouldn't be to bad to just wrap it up under your arm ..lol whats the MPG?

18. #19 DeKind, May 19, 2022
    Last edited: May 19, 2022
    Oh, those get well over 150 miles per gallon, but the fuel tanks are usually just less than 1/3 of a gallon. The Go-Peds get much better MPG than the motorized bicycle/moped gets, my bike gets only about 85 MPG.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. It beats peddling up that long hill to get home, haha. I live in CA and the price of gas 87 octane unleaded is about $6/gal now.

• Like Like x 1