Monogamy Isn't Realistic

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by weednotcrack, Jul 30, 2016.

1. #2 Tonika, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    doesn't matter if its not realistic people still going to do it. I'm only loyal to my husband no other man gets me. we are married and going to stay that way too!

• Like Like x 9
    • Like Like x 6
  2. #4 TheSuperApe, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Care to add your own thoughts on this?
    Id like to discuss what you mean by "Natural".

Also that article was nothing but repeating the premise over an over again with no evidence.

3. Broad generalizations, especially as it pertains to humans, are seldom true. Some people are wired for monogamy, some aren't. Monogamy can be something we grow into as we age. From my late teens till my early 20's, I was a bit of a slut. Then I got married. My first marriage lasted 7 years. I was faithful to him, but as soon as we split up, I got the wild hair and dated both men and women all through my 30s. Back then, no way in hell monogamy would work for me. I met my second husband when I was 41. He has a similar background to me (except the dating men part). It was love and lust at first sight. We've been together 3/12 years and we only have eyes for each other. We have a very active, diverse sex life. Where I'm at now, monogamy not only works, it's grrreat!

• Like Like x 6
  4. You're a nympho. It will resurface again. Best of luck to you.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. I can't argue with that. I'm definitely a nympho. That will never go away (I hope). The difference now is I'm a nympho for my husband. I'm happy, satisfied, and wouldn't have it any other way :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Monogamy in general is certainly realistic, however it is not realistic for everyone. Unfortunately, there is undue pressure on people that it does not work for, for monogamy to work for them.

Also, if your parents were not monogamous, there is a pretty good chance you are not going to be, either. Not 100%, but on the average.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I see marriage becoming less and less popular in the future...and certainly less meaningful. It's like having a home telephone - outdated concept which is not very fun or useful. So much cooler & convenient to have a phone you can take anywhere that doubles as a computer :p

• Like Like x 2
  8. So what about children though? Sure I'm biased because I'm married myself and have a family but seriously - if things are pretty laid back between couples there's gonna be ALOT of kids growing up with only one parent around a lot of times - which probably isn't as great for the kids as a healthy family unit is - right? I mean, no matter what the world will keep repopulating - as a matter of fact it's growing too fast now and isn't going to get better so what about the kids when marriage and the family unit in general goes down the tubes?

Serious question.

J

9. Thought the title of the thread was "misogyny is not realistic" I was like, check my neighbourhood and then lets talk about it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. It's a serious problem Jerry, blame feminism and the weak men who let this shit continue.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I think first off monogamy =/= marriage.

I also think non-monogamous behavior is largely socialized, especially in the western individualistic mentality. We're socialized through media and through language to perceive monogamy and marriage as "giving up" something essential to self. And, to preserve self, some people dismiss monogamy. It's more psychological and emotional than anything genetic, imo.

12. When I was a young'un most families were whole. Of course there was the occasional single parent or divorce but growing up in small town America it was the usual two parents with 2-3 kids and that was only going back in the 60's & 70's.

Nowadays divorce is rampid. I understand that it is what it is and I'm just making an observation but it's really only been getting worse in the last 30 or so years. I don't see it going to get any better either.

J

13. This is becoming a fucked up issue; there is a genuine financial incentive for one parent to alienate another parent and where does it leave the kids? Do we even give a fuck?

There should be zero financial support for single parents; the incentive should be placed towards raising families, not destroying them.

14. I believe in marriage and monogamy. I've been married 11 yrs and have greats kids. We had a really rough patch for about year. I could have gave up easy, but I couldn't because I meant what I said when i married him.
    I've only ever been with one man and I plan to keep it that way. And no worries I'm very satisfied in the bedroom lol.
    It's very realistic and I believe it's natural. Not everyone believes like I do and I'm not here to change your mind. I just know that for me and my family it is right. My parents are still together my grandparents are also. They are what I want to be when I grow old.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  15. Zero financial incentive for single parent households? Statistically speaking, people who are married hold the most amount of wealth for a number of reasons. Single parent households are the most impoverished. Everyone deserves an opinion but God damn can people stop talking out of their asses?

16. The spice of life will always be variety .. think about it .. how come its ok to have variety with the food we choose to eat, the clothes we wear, the vehicles to drive, places to travel, places to live etc .. ? but when it comes to the social aspect & women were only suppose to have one? because the minute somebody has a fiance,gf, or wife he's critized & judged if he openly admits to having another woman in his life .. so you mean to tell me out of a million maybe a billion souls on this planet your only connected to one? who tells us this stuff? society & religion .. to have variety in multiple aspects of life is ok but to openly admit to it in terms of relationships is taboo .. so is manogamy unrealistic? no its not however society needs to accept that there are people who can stick with the same routine but won't hesitate to take a break from the norm .. For example, sure one may love eating apples on a daily but may switch up to eating an orange, just because he switches to an orange doesn't mean he no longer loves eating apples ..

17. Humans are not monogamous. We pretend to be, and some of us can pull it off. I've heard of couples married for 60 to 70 years with their 1st love. But it is rare.

A true monogamous species, can only have 1 mate their entire life and unable to get a 2nd if their mate were to die.

18. I grew up in a harsh environment...and didn't end up a complete moron or loser, so I can only care so much about the children. Plus, most American kids are coddled to the point of extreme anyway - so anything that makes their existence harder, I'm all about it.

When I take a serious look at modern humans tho...and Americans in particular - my first thought - the less reproducing, the better. So...the more marriage & the family structure unravel, intuitively I would imagine so too will ideas that are engrained in society from it - religion, politics, racism, pressure to 'fit in' & think/act/breed like everyone else, ect....all good things.

The dissolution of the family structure could be one of the greatest things to ever happen to mankind. We might even start evolving again, who knows :D