Monkeys as pets/children... wtf?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by SUBLIMEtreat, Mar 8, 2011.

1. thats even worse!

2. I know, it's really sad. People don't understand that with keeping these monkeys in cages and in a house... they aren't able to do the things their wild instincts want them to do. They can barely exercise, and they aren't able to be the scavengers that they are. Wild monkeys spend like 90 percent of their day looking for food swinging from tree to tree... keeping them as pets basically makes them go literally insane, it's sick.

And, yeah, breeding these monkeys are even worse than taking them from the wild. The breeders take the monkeys from their mothers backs after about 3 days... when the average child monkey stays on its mothers back for up to TWO YEARS. These monkeys are so withdrawn that they shake and rock back and forth because they don't have their moms.

How fucking sad is that?:(

3. Having a money is living having a child, that you can NOT hide things up high from. A child that can get ANYWHERE. I could not even imagine the full time attention they would need in a house.

So 5 years ago I go to a bike meet at a really big park with my wife. Afterwards we stick around cause its a beautiful day. We walk around the lake, then take a smoke break at a table since no one was around. So I am sitting there blazed when a guy walks by, with a monkey wearing a diaper, on a leash. The monkey wants to check us out. THe guy asks if its ok, and we are like hell yea.

Well let me tell you, this monkey was cool as hell, hopping up onto the table, onto us, hanging on us, checking us out. BUT, god damn if monkeys are not fast as hell and find every pocket you have within seconds. Before I knew it, the monkey reached into 2 different INSIDE pockets on my leather jacket and pulled out my glass bowl, and my bag of weed. I was like OH SHIT. LMAO. The guy took them from the monkey, handed them back to me, and just smiled. I was like, damn, that is one FAST monkey. And boy are they curious. I thought he was cool as hell, and although I would love to hang out with him, no way would I want it as a pet.

4. Wait wait waittt they're being surrogates for monkey babies?! Wtffff why would anyone want a monkey fetus in their belly :confused::confused::confused: people are fucking weird.