Monkeys as pets/children... wtf?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by SUBLIMEtreat, Mar 8, 2011.

1. So I'm watching NatGeo and there's a show called My Child Is A Monkey on. These people on this show are surrogate parents to monkeys. I've heard of keeping monkeys as pets, but never thought people actually did this. These people keep monkeys as children because they like the fact that they stay "infant" like and cute forever. Eventually these monkeys bite, so it can turn into a big problem. These monkeys live a very unnatural life, and potentially unhealthy although they can live for 40 years give or take.

Personally, I think this is really cruel and selfish. Has anybody ever heard of this or anything like it? Our world is a fucking crazy place.

2. I would have a Panda is a pet/child :confused_2:

3. Monkeys are awesome...until they eat your friends face.

Okay, that was a chimp, but still, anyone who keeps these animals as pets are dummies.

4. Panda's are too cute. If only they weren't vicious.

OH and that chimp did some serious serious damage to that woman's faCe, no way I'm keepin its cousin as my pet haha!

5. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tofIAnExhQ4]YouTube - Giant Panda in China rips off man's jacket[/ame]

6. I agree that it's very cruel and selfish to take any wild animal and try to make it a pet.

And it takes a special kind of stupid to want a monkey as a pet. Once the novelty wears off your left with a toddler that can live 30-40 years.

Where do you suppose the majority of those "pets" end up? If they are lucky they end up in zoos. Those that aren't as lucky? Well....

7. My friend had a pet monkey.. Not sure if he was legally allowed to have that thing though. He was an awesome monkey though, my buddy Lieutenant Cornwall. He was funny, like if anyone would kiss around the monkey he would cover his eyes and stuff. Cornwall was a pain in the ass though and he ended up getting rid of him. :(

8. Id rather have one as a drinking buddy

9. I want to raise a wolf as my child. I'll put it in clothes and everything.

10. But...we're monkeys too...

11. We apes not monkeys.

12. I'm a guerrilla

13. I have a lame song for this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eroOQlrJ10c]YouTube - Gorilla -Lil Wayne & Kid Kid[/ame]

haha i use to hang out with this lesbian chick that use to love that song

14. Personally, I think it's wrong yo. Exotic animals should not be cooped up in someone's house (OR A ZOO EXHIBIT!)...it's just mean man :( They should be left in their natural environment with their family and shit..poor babies!

15. I'm muthafuckin King Kong.

16. no one kong should have all that, power.

[​IMG]

17. I was thinkin more like this King Kong...
    [​IMG]

18. omg i literly just got finishing watchin that show got on my computer and see this thread.

19. what those people dont realize is its still a wild animal and you have to let it exercise its instincts.

even with cats and dogs, thats why i despise people that carry dogs in purses.

as long as you maintain a proper environment you can keep just about any animal.

20. Dogs that can be carried in purses were made that way by people though, through breeding n shit... It's their place to be in a purse. haha