Monkey see monkey do

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by neur0, Oct 10, 2009.

1. So it hit me.

Me and my friend are talking bout college stuff and our daily life and shit. He's from Slovakia, I'm from the US. It's funny how I realize that college students and hell, younger adults always strive to become this figurehead that society expects them to be. You look at so called, "adults" and you see these figures that are molded with a shell that is seemingly hard, secure, filled with self confidence.

Where as a typical student grows up to be insecure, always looking for a reality that they call their own. Always composing them of being something "different", but at the same time hopelessly lost in trying to be like someone else. I see that shit upwards to people as late as in their late 20's or early 30's.

On the flipside, you get older adults going about their ways, like i mentioned, in a manner that you wouldn't imagine to have a grain of doubt. Yet, when you pry a bit deeper, you get an image of a person still at lost of what to do. Always in such a rat race that makes you wonder if it's the same person.

Of course, I'm only generalizing. Or I'm biased on my perspective and this is something that everyone already knows and I'm late blooming to anyways.. That buddy of mine says, "you get kids, you get a job that's 9-5, that shit will change you for the worse". Simplistic formula.

I hope I don't change. Buwahhaha, "I'm a Toys-R-Us Kid"

2. good thought.

3. Everything is a circle.

From rebels to responsible humans. :)

4. And back to rebels. I'm tired of being a responsible human.

5. Sounds rebellious to me ;)

6. Rather be dead than cool.