money : at the record store

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by olives, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Here's a new piece I just finished. Still developing the style and trying to push for a few new (psychedelic) ideas. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

2. Thoughts / feelings? I usually have a hard time getting much reaction out of this forum. So - if you're not posting because you might have some harsh criticism - I urge you, go ahead and post it. Any insight would be very helpful.

3. I think you could use a little more variation, colors (not too many, though - I like that "few color thing" you've got going). And some blurry/glowing edges, now and then wouldn't harm. And the coin looks too sharp/real. A detailed drawing of it, of some sort, would make it fit better.

But nice job! :)

4. what medium, its pretty bland, and theres a LOT of open space. But i would say its a good start to a sick piece imo

5. I don't get this whatsoever..

6. maybe if you tell us more about it man,

because it looks kinda weird

and you didnt give us a whole to go on

as its obvious it has some deeper meaning than what your saying

7. Too much dead space and what is there isn't really arranged into any sort of composition. My eye is drawn to the coin, then gets bored and I have to force it to look else where.

I wouldn't start trying to add too much just yet, keep things simple and work on your composition, then start adding more after.

8. Yeah, these were my thoughts exactly. Also, did you do this in MS Paint?