Mom, your drunk go to bed

Discussion in 'General' started by senta420, Apr 15, 2013.

1. I love my mom and all but whenever she gets too tipsy, she don't shut the fuck up and it kills my high. I don't mind talking, but I hate trying to express my opinion and get cut off to something she already said 20 times in the past minute. She also gets really emotional and talks about my dad. That's a total buzz kill. Anyone else have similar. I don't know how to deal with it because when I walk away I feel bad. I end up just going to smoke more. I hate this shit maneee

2. Sounds like your mom is looking for someone to console in. You shoudl talk to her and try and help her with her issues she's reaching out for help.

3. Just wrapped up a half hour conversation with my drunk mother, she came in to my room to say good night and ended up getting all emotional and talking to me about how even though I get in to trouble sometimes I'm a good kid and then all this shit about my siblings. It can be annoying but I'd much rather have good positive talks with her (drunk or no) than fight. So i don't mind

4. she wants the D

wait, what?

5. at this point you should tell her sssshhhuutttuuupp or close your eyes and find that happy place

6. Discussion! Of course.
    Like, right in front of her? Seems a little weird, don't you think?

7. nah I don't :smoking:

8. i understand how it is OP.

my dad is an alcoholic, and is getting to be not quite the high-functioning alcoholic he once was. i have no advice for you, though. i stay away as much as i can because just being around him when he's drinking makes me miserable.

9. I had the exact same thing growing up OP. I feel ya. I had to tell my mom of you want to talk fine but you gotta stop bashing dad to me. He's my dad and he never talks about you behind your back.

That was alot of years ago and my parent have long since split up. And my mom is still a drunk, in fact she's worse. Good luck OP, id love to tell you this will get easier...but I'm not a lier:(

10. My moms the same except she doesn't even drink lol, just pills pills and more pills. I only packed my bong twice and she had to kill my buzz, it's fucked up how fast you can go from high and happy to upset and stressed. Now I'm just waiting for her to doze off so I can have a nice smoke session and relax without any worries before bed, so I know what you mean. Fuck buzzkills, drunks, and especially drunk buzzkillers.

11. Get her to smoke instead of drink as long as it doesnt affect her job or anything

12. This exactly. Like I know he did bad but I don't wanna stress over it. I'm high, that's my happy time to get away. I don't wanna be a dick but when I'm high, don't get all emotional and kill my buzz. Iv found it happening a lot more now.

13. How drunk is she right now? She got skype?

14. I Haven't spoken to my mom in a while, don't care to. Especially when she's drunk, she likes to think she hides it well, but I'm not fucking stupid.

15. I read that in the voice of Roger.

16. Yes, but unfortunately the first "someone" she reached out for was alcohol.

The second "someone" was family.

Seems a bit of re-prioritization is in order, which of course is a bitch with something as evil as alcohol, hence the reason it is evil...

17. My best friend's mom was an alcoholic. She was really fucking sweet, loving and funny.

One night, we were having a party and she came into the room to tell me that I was the only one of T's friends she respected and really loved me like her own. Then she went on about how all the other girls at the party were looking for dick and I was just in this quiet room talking to her son about his issues with his baby momma.

That was a good memory. Great compliment... and she's still like my second mom. Yesterday was her birthday and I left her a big old "Happy Birthday, I love you" on her answering machine.

/rambling

Now when my mom gets tipsy it's hilarious. I love it. She has a small glass of wine, but every now and again she's have like 3 and get all "loose"... she'll dance to her music, her face gets red and she giggles. It's so great to see he enjoying herself.

I'm sorry to all of you who have been hurt by alcoholism in your family. It's tough, it's scary and it's heartbreaking. I just hope you've all learned to not go down that path.

I was lucky in the fact that my dad quit drinking so that he could totally be there for me. I was given the best parents and I'll never take them for granted again.

Good luck to everyone dealing with this. I feel for you.

<3