Mom found my weed but....

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Sunny Side, Aug 21, 2013.

1. #1 Sunny Side, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
    I came home from work for break and saw that the big container that's usually in my closet is missing so I was like o crap so I went to look in there and my closet was empty and I kept my stuff in the corner in there. Then I look on my desk and its there lol. So I went in my kitchen and my moms sitting there and I can't keep a straight face and she asks me why she keeps finding lighters in my room since they where both missing to and I said cuz I like them lol. she wont even bring it up and it seems like she doesn't even know haha. So I ended up just taking my weed to work with me since the container doesn't smell and now im here haha so what do you guys think? I was also planning on picking up an eighth today but I called that off due to this

2. I think.. if you're not 18, which to be honest it doesnt sounds like you are but maybe I'm wrong, you should focus on school and listen to your mom.

If you are 18, man up and tell her.

3. ^^^^^^^nuff said

4. My grandmother found my stash when I was 14. Had it separated into 8ths for daily use...

She gave me an 8th a day so long as I was responsible and safe. She fucking rules.

5. That's how it went for me. And everything's good now.

You really should wait till you graduate Hs

6. Dude she knows, She was probably just waiting to see if her 
    son was going to be honest and tell her. 

She made it subtle with the lighter comments and you 
    told her you liked them..lol. She knows man, parents aren't 
    dumb. 

7. Listen to no one here.

Tell her once you move out...over the phone...in a different country.

You owe me one.

8. Ummm, what? You tell him to listen to no one, yet try to offer your advice?

The wise thing to do is to be honest. He knows his parents best though. If he feels his mother/father knows already, he needs to not try to hide it because they won't trust him and will come to question everything he does, in turn, making life a hell while he is there.

As a parent (and I'm pretty laid back), if either of my boys started smoking cannabis, I'd want them to be honest with me so I could explain to them that academics, sports and everything involved with childhood comes first. If they can be safe, responsible and continue to do well in the aspects of their lives that I listed, all is well.

If your parents blow things out of proportion and consider cannabis some devil drug that will ruin your life, best wait til you've moved out. Make the best choice for your situation.

9. Thats true. Buts I feel that once you are truly on your own there is nothing anyone can do about you smoking weed. If he tells his parents now they could curb many of his privileges. But once he is his own man then it will be up to him to decide how to live his life. 

10. #10 Pie Romania, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013
    Agreed, but just the same, if he doesn't tell them and they know already or find out soon, they could do the same. If there's one thing I don't want to lose regarding my children, it's trust.

11. Yes! If they know then definitely tell them. But if its still iffy then the best thing is to slowly ween it in. I would surely want my kids to be honest with me too.

That may be a bit too late though. I always see it as; If you tell me before I find out, we're good most likely. If I find out before you tell me, you're in a world of shit.

13. She knows, and now she's gona be super suspicious of you, she gave you a chance to admit it yourself and you didn't, she was giving you an opportunity to talk about it and you blew it. You should have just been honest, I mean it doesn't sound like she was pissed at you or anything.

14. I would honestly talk to her when you finish work. The fact she didn't flip out right there on the spot , means she probably won't murder you. That's a start, haha.

15. Damn dude, how did you have that kind of disposable income at 14 to smoke nearly an ounce a week?
    You had to have been 14 a long time ago or you must have been smoking some seriously shitty brick weed.