Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Molino Mad Scientist V2.0

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by DTRipper, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Really considering buyin this piece, but not too sure what people think of it. anyone got one that wants to let me know what it hits like, and maybe give me a rating to go along with? Something like "Yea man, its AWESOME 10/10" or if it sucks, whatever. Thanks dudes

2. sounds like you just want good ratings to justify buying it

I dont have one but i have seen plenty of reviews on here, Some people like it, theyre kind of inexpensive.
    Others complain about weak glass, fragile removable percolators, drag while hitting, and kind of small

3. click button on top bar labeled 'Search'. type molino mad scientist. you'll find lots of info.

4. (raspberry).......... 1/10, at least it isn't grommeted

5. im probably gonna get banned for saying this but the molino mad scientist v2 is a piece of shit, the glass is so thin, it will break if you sneeze within a 5 foot perimeter of it, and if you break the bowl you cant you the whole bong in general, your best bet is to drive to a local headshop and buy glass there

6. [​IMG]

post 420 heh
    HEY if you still wanna buy this thing, grasscity.com sells it for 75 bucks instead of 120...

7. wow! that is really thin!

I've never had the opportunity to hit it, but i've heard alot of negative reviews about this piece.

8. yea thats what i was referring to

9. That piece is REALLY thin.
    I wouldnt recomend it.
    and if you try to use it as a communal piece....HA!
    fat chance.

10. Uh. Not Kosher to post competition.

11. Why the competition has that truly horrible piece for a lot cheaper :) But seriously that glass is like 1mm thick, it's a nice bong but needs thicker glass. I almost got sucked into buying it a few months ago, but I did some research and low and behold it's too good to be true =(

12. 1. that was the older version, GRASSCITY's new mad sci is 5mm glass and when I received it it wasn't that thin : /

anyways other then that, i wouldn't suggest it, i've had it...not worth it... 3/10

13. WHY?!?!?!?!

why must you bring that picture into this thread. That day, those shards went to my heart. sniff sniff.

that picture was mine, and it was my first bong/broken bong

steer clear from the mad scientist, it's an awkward design with way too many flaws. Just don't do it. I know grass city puts it on their homepage, talks it up, even has a you tube video on the product page, but really, just don't get it unless you have 120 bucks to waste.

Also, the new one is 5mm, but only on the top part of the neck. Everything below the perc is between 2mm (the very top of the base) allllll the way thinned down to about 1mm, the bottom, and contact point, of the base, AHHHH

edit: hazeydays, i think its sort of funny that you and i were both telling people to get them a couple months ago, and now we're both telling people not to. i see you in just about every molino thread spreading some truth. Good looking out.

14. might as well smoke your money right out of the bowl

15. I have the new version which is much thicker than the original but it does have a lot of drag. If you do decide to buy this bong be very careful when you first receive it. Check the holes in the perc to make sure none of them are still closed. If they are closed you will most likely break the perc or even the piece the perc sits on. This is exactly what happened to me. I was so excited about getting this new piece that as soon as I got it, I put everything together loaded up a fat bowl and it was almost impossible to pull. Long story short the perc cracked and upon further inspection two of the holes in the perc were just dimples in the glass and did not actually make a complete whole through the perc causing serious drag. Save up a little more money and buy something better. At least thats what I wish I did.

16. gorillaglass.com you can get sick perced bongs and awesome pipes and bubblers wholesale. only catch is a minimum 100.00 and 10 item order. but the bongs are like 50 bucks. check it out gorillaglass.com