Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Moldy Weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Canabitious, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Hey Blades,

We have all heard of moldy weed before, and without a doubt we've probably smoked some as well, but what are all of the complications with toking and mold?

I recently got my last 2 pickups from someone new and they were less than satisfactory. When I got the bud it was still quite moist, wrapped terribly, and they had a very faint smell. I've been forced to hold off and cure it on my own, but I believe that the weed had problems which would carry throughout this process. I have just been told by my doc that I have pneumonia which was a resulting complication of my bronchitis. I had the flu to start and even managed to accidently spread it to a family member =S That being said I doubt that the pneumonia came from the bud, but rather my stupidity of working with a fever and the sweats...

I've never really thought to look at the stems as a sign, but are these little hairs of mold or is this a common thing? And what does the color difference in the two stems have to say?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note: I haven't seen any patches of mold on the bud, just a few burnt leaves. What might mold smell like btw?

2. What kind of smell. I just ran into this problem I believe and refuse to smoke it. The smell is almost like sweat..like a, sweaty person haha. It looks dank tastes like mids.

3. It smelt like nothing when I first got it, and now it smells quite normal in my opinion. Although, with this stuffed nose and crap anti-biotics I'm on it's hard to tell =/

4. Please someone help!! I'm just waiting to use my weed already lmfao. Could a single person tell me if the white hairs on the STEM are normal or is that fuzzy mold growing???? Is the stem color a bad sign or is that normal as well???

5. pretty sure you're ok man, other than that nug not being like that good.

6. You're good. I believe they are trichomes, but I know it's normal.

7. Thanks guys, I just worry when I see white hairs without little bulbs on it for obvious reasons lol. Just don't need to increase the hell I'm in.