Moldy nugs good for bubble hash?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by mugzy3, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Just wanted a few others opinions on if it is ok to make bubble hash with the mold buds(not fully molded up just black spots here and there) And does puttin it in the freezer keep the mold from spreading? Cause im still waiting on my bags to come in.

2. bump? nothing...

3. Honestly ive made bubblehash from molded buds, the mold tends to float in a froth with the rest of the plant matter, but some mold will inevitably get through, resulting in a less tasty, harsher smoke, that can potentially trigger severe reactions and possibly even kill you. Have you thought of making a batch of butter with it? Just be sure to cook it slowly and thoroughly. You can make bho too, itll be a little safer than coldwater made with the moldy bud, but it can still trigger an adverse reaction

4. I've never had to deal with moldy buds, but you should water cure them then make it into a concentrate.

www.weedguru.com

5. Freezing should stop spreading, but even with the water cure method, you cant eliminate all mold.

6. MAy just take a flame to it first then toss it in... thanks for the input i dont think the molds gone kill any1 make u a lil sick yes..

7. Probably wont kill you, unless you go into anaphylactic shock lol, unless whatever you filter your bubblehash with can filter 1 micron mold spores.