Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Moldy/laced/filler/whatever bud causing scary and serious reactions?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Soupicide, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Hi there! I made an account just to post this question. Also, I apologize for the lengthy post, I just want to be sure every detail is clear.

I live in a state where marijuana has been decriminalized and is basically legal in pretty much all ways considered - people just don't care, there's people even toking in major towns and cities out in the open and law enforcement doesn't give a shit. I mean, full legalization is coming.

However, the sale of marijuana is still illegal and thus, we can't get it in dispensaries and such.

My current dude is really cool, super trustworthy, one of those guys who will tell you everything you need to know about the strain he's giving you, will always advocate safety, and is super cool about answering any questions you have. He's kind of a "guru" in a sense that he's always totally down to having inexperienced smokers toke with him, so he can teach them safety.

Well, he gave my boyfriend and I some bud about a month back, Dark Star. Dark Star is a strain I've always enjoyed, never had any bad experiences, etc.. I usually toke out of my GoG bong, and my boyfriend his teeny-tiny chillum that I either call "the bite" or "your tiny second dick" cause it kinda looks like a penis.

Anyways, he was totally fine, and since my experience I'm about to describe, I was fine out of his chillum with the same bud.

So whatever caused my bad reaction wasn't due to the weed he gave us, and probably my water pipe. I'm thinking mold since I'd forgotten to change the water for a bit.

However, I had a pretty scary reaction this one time that I really can't go to the doctor for yet because weed isn't technically legal yet here.

Before I describe my experience, I will say that I've always had different reactions to weed than most people. I think it probably has something to do with my medical/mental conditions. I am bipolar, a fibromyalgia sufferer (main two reasons I smoke) and have been on some pretty weird medications in the past (that I hadn't taken for a good couple of months before this.) I've always reacted stronger - one or two tokes is all I need and I'm usually high off my ass. Bud usually hits me like a fucking freight train, which usually proves to be a pretty damn fun experience for cheap, as I don't have to buy $50 of bud for one weekend, 1G can usually last me a week if I'm smoking every day.

I also will say that other than my medications I haven't taken in 2-3 months, I have never done any other drugs other than marijuana - no shrooms, no coke, nothing stupid like that.

Anyways, here's my experience. I probably have forgotten a lot of this because frankly, I was pretty fucked up.

I took a toke, then went outside to smoke a cigarette. One toke.

It started outside with my heart racing. Like, really bad. So I went inside, avoided eye-contact with my pro-weed mother-soon-in-law just to get to bed, and tried to calm down. My sense of time when I'm stoned is weird, so this may not be accurate, but it was racing like I'd just gotten my out-of-shape ass to run a 100 meter dash...but it kept racing like this for at least 15 minutes, probably more. It wouldn't calm down.

This was when I became concerned. I brought it up to my boyfriend who is really good at pretending that things are okay when they're not so I don't flip out. He's a [insert service member here] so when he checked my heart rate, he was definitely accurate to say it was very high (later).

Eventually my heart rate began to chill out, but then I started having a much scarier incident that I could only describe as "half my brain is falling asleep."

My left eye didn't want to open. I could open it, but it was kind of like trying to open your eyes when you're super sleepy in the middle of the night after taking an ambien. I was kind of scared of going to sleep because I didn't want to not wake up. I was so concerned with this that I kept telling my boyfriend that I loved him.

Speech was also difficult, kind of like when you're half awake.

I did decide that if I was going to die, I was going to die and there wasn't much to do about that so I tried to go to sleep. However, it was like my brain kept waking me up.

Every time I'd start to drift off, it was like my brain was saying "no!"

Eventually I drifted off into the deepest sleep I think I've ever experienced, the type where you don't even realize you'd gone to sleep because the next moment it's morning, you're awake, and you're super thankful that you're fucking alive.

I did some research a bit later and my theory is that I was having an un-ruptured brain aneurysm.

I will be going to the doctor soonish for some sort of brain poking, so I guess what I'm asking is...has anyone else ever had a similar experience? If so, did you discover the root cause? Does anyone know any specific types of mold/lace/filler/whatever that could cause this?

If you made it this far, I appreciate you for reading and any helpful insights you may have into this issue.

I will say again, I WILL be going to a medical professional in the coming month. I'll be traveling back to my parents, who live in a state where weed is totally legal and I can discuss this with my doctor fully.

2. #2 bhbest, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    Unruptured brain aneurysm? I highly doubt this but if you think that's what this was you should have already sought medical assistance. Mold, filler, etc... is also not causing this I don't feel. It's THC that can exacerbate anxiety symptoms and this is what you experienced, a cannabis related panic attack for sure. Cannabis can bring out panic/anxiety symptoms that were already there but not brought to the surface yet. Eventually some of us that are panic/anxiety prone will experience what you have gone through even if you never thought you were prone to this type of stuff. It's why I quit cannabis 30 years ago as I had never experienced an ounce of anxiety up to that point of my life. I had the worst panic attack ever from just normal smoking of just reg weed and my symptoms were like your to a tee especially the faster heart rate. Fast forward to today I have a new found respect for the plant and treat it is a medicine/wellness substance strictly. I try not to over consume and one hit is all it takes for me to get well medicated for a few hours now as long as it's dank bud. Try an experiment and take one nice hit if you do start back up and wait 20 minutes. You will be shocked how you feel after. You should be pretty stoned and medicated after that if your using the proper quality flower etc...I also use caution when I use a water pipe like my Purr bubbler as this thing give you the most intense effective hit possible so I forget to only pack with a half a hit cause that's all I will need for several hours. You must get a handle on yourself and cannabis related anxiety if your going to consume successfully after a panic attack on weed. Do a search and you will see what I am talking about. If you plan on consuming again my advise to you is first you must clear your tolerance levels by taking a break to reset your cannabinoid receptors and then start by micro dosing. Use only top shell flower also if possible and research micro dosing. It's a godsend for us anxiety sufferers and actually helps now with my anxiety/OCD etc instead of bringing it on but you must use extreme caution and I must be extremely careful not to over indulge. Otherwise I will spin right into a nasty panic/anxiety ridden high for several hours and it's not fun. It's just that our already subconsciously anxious brains get over whelmed by the surge of THC that hits our brains and that combined with the faster heart rate causes your cns to go haywire sometimes. Couple that with today's high THC percentage buds and you have the perfect recipe for an anxiety attack if your not vigilant.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lmfao this gave me a nice laugh