Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Moldy Bud To Make Hash???

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Ganjahoarder, Jul 21, 2012.

1. I have some slightly molded bud. Would it b ok to use it to make bubble hash since the water will keep down the spores. Peace!

2. From what I understand, mold is nothing to mess with. I personally would not do it, but I've never tried it.

3. You can make edibles.....don't smoke it

4. Isn't it more dangerous when ingested? I was wondering what would happen if you added a decent amount of alcohol to the mix while making bubble hash. It might help to kill the spores. Don't take my word for it though. Any one else have experience with this?

5. Make QWISO thats fine to make from mouldy bud.

6. ISO is the way to go

7. you wanna eat mold? :hello:

only thing to do with moldy bud is make QWISO hash :smoke:

8. [quote name='"TwztedElegance"']
    you wanna eat mold? :hello:

only thing to do with moldy bud is make QWISO hash :smoke:[/quote]

No, this Is a bad idea.....your stomach can dissolve mold, your lungs absorb it....

Eat it, don't smoke it

9. Has anyone here successfully made ISO hash with moldy bud? If so have you had any negative side effects from it?

10. I'm not fucking with moldy weed. I'd get my money back or make my dealer smoke it.

11. Yes, I pulled 6 grams of iso hash from moldy bud. Been smoking it for a week, there's nothing wrong with it. *link

12. Bubblebag.com - FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Can I make Bubble Herbal Extract with moldy plant matter?

YES. Bubble Man recommends an extra mold-removing step: place your herbal extract into a jar full of \t\t\twater with a tight-fitting lid and shake it up. The mold spores will float to the top and can be skimmed \t\t\toff with a spoon or turkey baster. Then, rinse the jar into the 25 micron bubble bag and press the moisture out as usual.

13. eww dont make iso with moldy buds. ISO already dissovles unneeded things like chloropyll/plant waxes so im sure that mold would get transfered.

14. If it's been soaked in iso wouldn't it be sterilized? Sterilized organic matter? I use a 124 silkscreen as a filter not that it matters but it's the same micrometer as some bubble bags.

15. [quote name='"TwztedElegance"']
    you wanna eat mold? :hello:

only thing to do with moldy bud is make QWISO hash :smoke:[/quote]

Bleu cheese, yogurt. Both mold. Eating most molds is "A-OK"

16. [quote name='"Phisherman"']

Bleu cheese, yogurt. Both mold. Eating most molds is "A-OK"[/quote]

Wrong. Eating SOME certain kinds of mold is okay. Most molds are not okay to eat. Don't get that mixed up.

17. u can bong hit it because of the water trapping the spores, afraid with the joints because we can inhale it in our lungs

18. I used a bubble bag to filter my ISO hash (not sure which micron size) and afterwards I had a small amount of what I guessed was dead mold spores floating on top of the alcohol. I just scooped them up with a spoon. I haven't had a chance to sample yet since I used about 4 oz of bud to make this and its taking forever to evaporate. Its basically a glass lasagna dish filled to the top with bud infused alcohol ;).

19. Isopropyl doesnt dissolve mould, it kills it thou... either way as long as you use a good filter your good.