Mold resistant strains!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mastifweed999, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Helouww fellow growers first of all i wonna say hi to all and now back to the question i been trying to find a good strain for europe more cold climate at the end of growing phase for outdoor i been looking for and photo/and sens if any of you have a good experience with a seedbank and a good strain that dosen't go moldy at the end when climate is more cold and wet i tried this strains they wer all great but at the end when it gets wet and cold and when they have a week or 2 for finisih they go moldy

i Tried
    Royalqueen seeds OG kush Royal Moby Royal gorilla Amnezia haze Special kush Special queen 1 and bubba kush all great strains

But at the end when we get mist and moist in the moring it starts to get moldy soo im gonna ask you guys from experince that you have if you can recomend something i got my tent rdy to put them in and get rdy for outside!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Phantom OG from Barneys farm gets big and finishes early. Mold resistant. Tastes like walnut and wild berry.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I'd recommend something that flowers early as opposed to something that is specifically mold resistant.

I'm in the pacific north west and I've grown Texada Timewarp which is supposed to be mold resistant and made for the moist BC weather. It's named after Texada island, BC where it was made. But it still molded just like anything else once the cold wet weather set in at the end of Sept/Oct.

Basically, get something that will finish before the weather turns bad and you shouldn't have to worry about the mold. I've found Blueberry strains are usually early to flower and finish. I'd see pistils in the beginning of July instead of the beginning of August. Damn.....wish I still had clones of that stuff ;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Try Humboldt seed company not to be confused with the fake company HSO Humboldt seed organization that is not even based in America but spain using Humboldt name for marketing purposes.

Dont believe me then actually contact seed companies in Humboldt county CA and they will tell you the same thing. Also HSO wont even reply to emails about their name because they know they are full of shit.

5. I don't have mold issues but I do know a thing or three about growing the herb outside and much of it off season as it never freezes here.
    Forcing the plants to finish early is another approach, Normally left to mother nature Cannabis triggers for the Northern Hemisphere around August 1st and finishes 10-12 weeks later at the middle to end of October.

Start inside and grown under a long day cycle 18-6 or higher. 24-0 myself, or started directly outside in Spring, either works.
    Keep under assisted lighting 24-0 until you want them triggered. 1st of July for example turn off the lights and they'll finish a month early. Mid to late September.

You can trigger the flower cycle up to a month sooner on a 24-0 plant and by the time the plant might figure out it's not really August 1st it IS August 1st and it is all to late as the days have shortened enough to flower naturally and flower continues with no slowing or hint of reveg..

I've done it by accident a few times. Then deliberately enough times to be sure what had happened was indeed repeatable. Past a Month early will depend on strain and latitude as I did get single finger leaves pushing trigger into June.

BNW

• Like Like x 4
  6. Vanilla Kush from Barney's is good too

• Like Like x 1
  7. I decided i wonna order from Real Gorilla Seeds – Grow like a pro, reap what you sow since they have the uk strains for more rainy outdoor grow anyone has experince with them feedbacks i hear that this strains of them are rly good early finisher!!
    DFG bx , GreenGold bx , purple Freeze bx , mightyfreeze, MightyGold

8. its rare to get mouldy resistant strains as in truth theirs no such thing, other than fake news
    understand how molds and fungi works is a great read

controlling molds no matter what strain is a grower issue .,..reduce water is obvious as is increasing venting
    I spray neem oil 2x times a week about now early spring and late fall

you can save the bad plants with a wash of warm water and bleach or peroxide
    wash again in cold water to remove the bleach or peroxide

good luck

• Like Like x 2
  9. Most of my mold, if not all, is caused by caterpillars. I especially hate the cabbage white. This fucker is just so insidious. "Oh, here I am just a pretty butterfly in your garden", fuck you, and die!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Last year trying to grow heritage? tomatoes I was blown away that these bugs can eat tomatoe leaves
    I was blown away telling everyone that its a climate change issue as my pop grew the same and never had bugs

it also failed the theory that Tomatoes, potatoes, and deadly night shade are the same family(true)
    so why don't the fucker's rolls over dead...? its a tough one if you wanna stay organic?
    cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Sorry, I know it's not a photo, but I've had great luck with mephisto Northern cheese haze. It's about the only thing I've grown where I'm at now close to the cool moist ocean, that hasn't gotten bud rot

Sent from my phbgf uijj tplkjn