Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mold or trichs? What do you think

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CashMyCheck, Dec 22, 2011.

1. I just picked this stuff up smokes pretty well but I had some similar stuff about a month ago that started to get moldy. My concern is the "sparkles" that are clearly visible on the nugs. I only noticed that on stuff that has grown mold, but I want some other opinions. What do you guys think? Mold or trichomes?

Attached Files:

2. only way to tell,is a microscope..

3. To be quite honest lol, i cant see shit from your photo. If your camera has a macro option that would be dank. but from what i could BARELY see, looks like trichomes to me man, so uhhh blaze those trees up:smoke::hello:

4. Is there webbing in these sparkles? If yes. Make qwiso hash, if no, its good nug

5. Take a macroed shot if you can!

6. I took the picture with my iphone 4 camera thats why its so shitty. First joint was pretty good about to smoke another one. Ill try to get some better pictures up later . I also have a kindscope which has a led and uv light for looking at bud. Why exactly should i be looking for to detect mold though?

7. If you think is mold, it probably is.

Anyways, if it is mold, you can always water cure your bud and smoke it brand new again.

8. See if more white stuff grows on it in the next few days, then you'll know its mold for sure. I once grabbed half a pound of some dank that just hadn't been harvested or cured right and had powdery mildew. Literally every day that I looked at it, it had more white spots growing on it :smoke: Does it smell a little off?

9. NONONONO

If it's moldy on the outside, chances are that there are teeny tiny mold spores throughout the inside of the actual bud too, don't water cure it. Your best bet is just throw that shit out, why take the chance of fucking yourself up? Sure, being out $60 bucks might suck, but your health is worth a lot more.

To answer the OPs question, it DOES look a little funky, but that could be the angle of the camera with just a few trichs glistening. Take a look at it through a microscope or magnifying glass at least.

10. Nah bro... doesn't look like mold. Usually there will be either dark or white webbing, or it will turn into a fluffy substance that looks like lint. Either way, that's trich.

11. sorry man but those white dots dont look like trichs to me...theyre more like a chalk color not a sparkle....trichs arent actually "white" but that shit in your picture is.....break it apart and see if theres more inside

12. All Im saying is, smoke a tiny bit, if it dosnt taste like the rest, boom mold, and youll probaly get sick.

13. Deffo doesn't look like mold to me, just looks dank. That circled nug at the very top looks like it was broken in half, so there's tons of trics showing , and the camera flash just reflected off those it seems

14. looks good. smoke a bowl and if you dont get sick have fun

15. The picture was taken with flash. It's very possible that the reflecting white you're seeing is just trichomes reflecting the light. Mold usually has a more web like appearance. If you're really unsure, just make edibles.

16. Break nugs apart, and if you see a fine "dust" fly into the air, its more than likely mold. If you don't see anything, then smoke that shit!

17. WHAT? weed can get moldy????

18. Are you serious? Anything can get mold on it. Weed that gets damp and is left in a dark cold area will definitely mold.

19. who cares just smoke that shit, Im sure it's not going to hard you :smoke:

20. That shit looks like dank from here. I would not have an issue smoking it for you ;-)
    But seriously it looks like good bug to me. Good luck! JOE>