Mold on Mushrooms *pics* (Help Appreciated)

Discussion in 'General' started by combat rock x, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Alright so i had some shrooms that weren't totally dry so i laid them out and some got moldy. I'm pretty bummed but i know that not all mold is poisonous, however most that grows on shrooms are. The mold doesn't go all the way through the stem, and i was wondering if i could just scrape it off and then ingest it safely. I'm pretty sure the mold is from moisture and not an infection as it is particularly forming around where the stem meets the cap. Any help would be appreciated. Also, some people say that the dark shrooms aren't the right species, but me and 2 others have ingested these and experienced hallucinations and shit otherwise impossible if sober. So here we go:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sorry about the clarity of the pictures, hope you can tell the color of the mold is blue-ish.

2. I doubt you'll have a problem.. I reccomend cleaning them well under some warm (NOT HOT) running water.. Then setting them out to dry again. You should be fine.

3. Ah such relieving news, thanks.

4. I've only done shrooms once so I can't be very helpful, but damn, those things look nasty as fuck

5. I dont think I have seen mold on shrooms...but those are definately the right shrooms.

I have seen shrooms with some weird shit on them before and just ate them anyways.

I have eaten pounds of Mushrooms in my day, and am still here...So I don't know.

As for washing them off...I DO NOT recommend doing that. Shrooms are like sponges. They will absorb any type of liquid very very fast. If anything just take a damp cloth and wipe them down.

If anything the mold is not harmful. Its probably a form of penacillen(SP). All things considered, the psillicybin in the mushrooms os probably more poisonous then the mold.