Mold on buds... a question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mar234, May 9, 2013.

1. I have nothing to lose with the following question, hoping members can help.

Two months ago I discovered that part of my buds had some mold on them inside a sealed glass jar. I know mold on buds is considered deadly, never to be used, thus for the last two months I just kept the jar in a dark place, waiting for the right moment to throw it away.

A few days ago someone told me that it's possible treat mold on cured buds with hydrogen peroxide (I wish I knew that before).

Out of curiosity: Right now, weeks after I lost all hope, with this new piece of information, my question is: should I just throw it away to the garbage or can it be somehow be "saved and used safely" - and if so, how? Even if it can be saved partly, I think that it is not recommended at this stage to smoke it, but maybe to cook it (if so, what is buds' cooking)? Am I right to believe that the nutrients have been eaten by the mold?

Attached 3 pics taken a few minutes ago. Most of the buds have lost their green color. What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. From the looks of it, I'd throw it away. You could do an extraction but that shit looks like garbage, not worth it imo.

3. Why did you leave the stems so long on them while they are in a jar?

4. Why? Because I am beginner. I had no clue what I was doing and how to store it. Now I have to wait two more months for a second chance with a new grow.

I am attaching another pic which I took a few seconds ago.... Any comments?

Attached Files:

5. what is "an extraction" ? Is it worth it? [the smell is so-so... I am not sure what to think right now about this outcome].

6. Don't smoke it.. Instead, make oil out of it. There's plenty of threads showcasing how to make iso hash oil step by step. Or break it all up, put it in a simmering pot, add butter and cook at low temp and strain it. The butter left over after straining is called cannabutter. Use it to cook or eat with bread.

7. It's when you use a solvent like butane or pure alcohol to separate the thc oil from the plant matter. Whether or not it's worth it is up to you. Check out the processing forum, lots of good info there.

Harvesting and Processing Medical Marijuana - Grasscity.com Forums

8. Making oil is safe with the possible mold/rotten buds?

I think I wish to breaking it and putting it in simmering (boiling) pot and adding butter and then cook it on low temp is safer? Can you point me to a "step by step" link (thread) for help? I might 'fuck this up' again, as I have no clue what to do.

Assuming I will make some butter, god knowing how exactly, would it be safe to eat after all, with "all this mold and current rotten condition"? [I've attached a pic... the buds are brown and a bit smelly].

9. How exactly did you dry this?

10. Well making qwiso would ensure you don't have any mold left. Alcohol kills mold. You should do a run with the stuff. I actually just ran a couple oz for a friend who screwed up a grow.

11. I cut the plant, and put the branches on a herb chiller (attach a pic) in a dark room for 5 days with a auto-dehydrator, then put in a a glass jar in dark closet, thus it got mold and rotten.

vitalvoid / Not Sure: Can you point me to "step by step guide for dummies" thread which explains as simple as possible what to do and how to do it? I have no clue what this means. Should I go to a pharmacy to buy pure alcohol ? How much? and then what... ?

Attached Files: