Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mold on bud, or just...bud?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by shadowstryker, Aug 13, 2015.

1. #1 shadowstryker, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2015
    i haven't gotten into my stack in like a week and a half, and when I opened it to air it our I noticed a black spot on one if the buds. I have no clue if it was there before or not, but I'm just wondering...is it mold growing on the bud? I only bought it like a month ago, and it has been in an airtight jar most if the time.

Attached Files:

2. Looks good to me.

3. #3 shadowstryker, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2015
    The black spot is in the right side, by the way. Should be easy to spot.

4. it looks fine if your concerned just rip that bit out

5. Out of curiosity, is this normal? What could the black spot be?

6. Yeah it looks good to me.. Normally mold on bud is white as well, from what I know. I'd play it safe and rip that tiny bit off with a piece of tweezers

7. not really but honestly i feel like it could be just super dark purple idk for sure i would smoke it

8. I picked some of it out. I tore a piece off that bud and on the inside was more of the black stuff. Most of it looked like it was either growing on or part of the bud, but there was one piece that looked almost like a pellet...I don't really know how to explain it. This is the only bud with any black on it though, all the other buds are fine. They're also all the same "strain" and look exactly the same except for the black in the one.

Yeah, I'm just trying to make sure that it wasn't mold or something. I'd smoke it right now without worry, but I can't smoke any of it for a few months because I'm currently enduring random drug testing. [​IMG]
    Since there's like $40 of herb in there, though, I wan't to be sure it'll last me that few months. I'd hate for so much to go to waste, and I can't sell it because everyone I know that would buy is also being randomly drug tested haha.

Attached Files:

9. #9 shadowstryker, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2015
    Upon further inspection, in the bud (and only the one bud), there are these very tiny black pellets. They are hard, and to split them in half it takes a fingernail and some force. It almost feels like trying to split a grain of sand in half until you finally split it...anyone know what they are? Is it just seeds starting to form, or some sort of bug feces or something?

Attached Files: