Mold? Nute deficiency? MACRO PICs

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Sharetheblame, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Ive got two strains growing a g13 haze hybrid and an unknown bag seeds strain. This is my first grow and they were going great, but now im having issues. They are about 4 or 5 weeks old and approx. 9" tall. I'm using general potting soil (didnt think it mattered too much when i first planted them, oops.) my pH has stayed fairly consistant at about 6.5. I have a combination of lights on each plant (all CFLs).. each has one 23w 5500K, one 23w 6500K and one 35w 5500K. Also i just started fertalizing with a 20-20-20 mix. I water with Fert every other time.

let me know if any more info is needed.

I dont know what these disscolorations are! mold? or a fert/nute problem? EEKS HELP!

Attached Files:

2. post a pic of the whole plant pls

3. I wider view.

Attached Files:

4. sad day. I guess im not good enough for any help!

lame sauce homies. lame sauce.

5. hey man i'm pretty new at this but from what i have read you should try a few things-i can't tell but if you are using aluminum foil for reflection get rid of it-it can actually gather the light and focus it on certain points on the plant like a laser burning holes in the leaves-use white paper or flat white paint instead-also back off the nutes and continue watering as normal-it doesn't really look like that is the problem but an unknown strain could do weird things-an ancient hippy guy told me to put my plants in organic soil and use no nutes until the plants told me they needed it-so that is wat i'm doing-aside from a slight nitrogen deficency they are fine-back off the nutes and see wat happens-if it gets worse i suppose it would have to be a mold-i'd look for some mold pix on here i'm not really sure wat it looks like but that doesn;t look like my plants when they were deficient-good luck man

6. I'm not convinced its a mold , whats the humidity of the room?

I recentley had a clone with similar deterioration, I removed the 2 afftected leaves & fed it, nothing else came of it:rolleyes:

7. Did your potting soil have nutes to start with? The couple of sick leaves don't look representative of the plant as a whole since the rest of it is dark green. Did the leaves get funky right after you started to add fertilizer to the water? If so, maybe they have a little fert burn.

8. I would assume my soil had ferts of some sort in them originally. I didnt decide to start adding nutes until my plants growth seemed to almost stop. But i'm not sure.

Thanks to everyone for the help!

9. Im not certain its mold either.

The brown areas on some of the leaves look like nute burn, or possible burn from using foil.

That white spot could be a number of things. Usually when mold takes to a plant it effects the whole plant, and spreads rapidly.

I would cut off the sick leaves, back off the nutes for a wattering or two and see what happens.

10. What kind of 20-20-20 fert? Is it water soluble chemical or liquid. Liquid ferts can go every other time. If its water soluble, that should go once a week to once every two weeks.