Mold maybe? what should i do/

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by potdaddy, Nov 16, 2008.

1. The top of my cola bud has this white fuzz all underneath it not sure if it is mold. the color is like appliance white but see no bugs. there is no more of this on any other buds just at the very top of the cola about three inches down from the top. should i cut this part off to salvage the rest of the plant?

2. Hard to tell without a pic. Hell, it might be hard to tell with a pic too. I would say it's your call. I would prolly chop it off....not worth risking it all for that one part. Hell you can prolly cure it and smoke it anyways... :D

Good luck

o/
    Tieme

3. weird - mould doesnt normally attack the top of the cola - you usually get mold around the lower branches and buds where air doesnt circulate well in grow rooms

got any pics - preferably an in focus macro shot

if it is mould then I recommend cutting it off and making some QWISO hash - then you gotta sort out increasing the ventilation

4. i went ahead and got rid of that portion and the next day i took the plant back out into the sunlight and saw that around 80 percent of the trichromes were matures so i
    harvested before any more problems occur we are suppose to freeze on 11-17 so why bother gettin a frost or even worse getting caught with it

5. good plan - no point in losing the whole crop

good luck with the harvest

*edit - ah shit just remembered - if you're growing outside keep an eye out for caterpillar faeces as these can cause random mould spots