MOLD in a BUBBLER?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Emblazened, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Has anyone else had trouble with mold in a bubbler?

Even with rinsing mine out all the time after smoking mold grew in my bubbler. A friend and I are both retiring our bubblers due to mold growth.

The thing is I haven't heard of anyone else with this problem. Even a search pulls up almost nothing. Does worrying about it cause the mold to grow?:p

Seriously, anyone else have experience with mold in their or a friend's bubbler?

2. What part of the bubbler is it in? if its in the part u put the water in, it could be caused by the dirty water.

3. I will def be cleaning my new one I got 2day out every use prolly, thanks for the tip.

4. Yeah keep a better cleaning routine and dry it out good when there's no water in it
    Make sure you don' let the nasty water sit too long
    also if you used something other than water in it, it could be the cause of the mold

also is it glass or plastic or something else?

5. To answer the questions, it did develop in the water chamber. And I changed the water after every bowl, and rinsed it out when I was done. The main problem is that I could never get it completely dry.

But anyone with a bubbler, take good care of it.

6. Yeah you have to clean it thouroughly a few times a week with regular use, heavy resin+ water=bad situation

7. I iso mine every 2-4 uses. I found a cork for the mouthpeice and for the carb. Pour a little bit of iso in after draing the water out, plug the respective holes, put your thumb over the bowl and give it a bit of a shake. Make sure you rinse it out very well and your good to go.