Molasses making my plants wilt?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by willhmx04, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Im not a novice grower Ive been growing for many years now. I recently added a tblspoon of molasses to "feed my soil". A couple days later some of the plants developed a little wilt action. Picture this because my camera not working right now: The very top shoots on the wilting plants look kinda perky still but the lower have started a slight wilt. I know that too much calcium will make plants wilt. I dont overwater so that can be ruled out. I dont underwater either.
    I use spring water by the gallon from the grocery store when I water. The plants have been transplanted from 1 gal. pots to 5 gal. about 2 weeks ago. I am using fresh FFOF and I havent added any nutrients to the water except for molasses. Any thoughts?

2. Do you PH your water?

3. Molasses is one of the mildest nutes you can give your plants. It's like earth worm castings. Even freshly rooted clones don't wilt from it in my experience. I've used it on at least 20 strains and never seen one not like it. What brand did you use? And did you make sure it was well mixed into the water? If you didn't mix it well enough that could be a problem maybe? Have your temps been higher than normal or anything else different?