mods you want to do to your car

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by okil, Sep 14, 2009.

1. my car: 97 BMW 528i

i want: afe air intake, catback exhaust, wheels and tires, and SOUND SHIT.

2. not only is there no point in boosting an auto, it will usually just destroy the transmission. unless you're running like 4psi. (like on saab and audi turbo econo cars)

3. true... they say the stock auto tranny starts slipping around 250 whp... which is normally what you get around 8psi. ive seen a video clip of this boosted tC around 270 hp... and man does that thing slip! may have impressive dyno numbers but the actual pulls were far from impressive.

bottom line: auto tCs werent meant to be raced. i hope more people will realize this...

4. #24 Newbreak, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2009
    Put SRT-4 parts in my stock neon.

Edit: Buy an SRT-4 and replace the body kit with a stock one.

5. do the srt manifolds bolt to the 420a?

my car needs: race gas, more boost. maybe an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

6. cams and supercharger

7. well...as far as the sentra goes i just need some new midrange speakers. when i trade in my car -- gettin either an audi s4 or a g35 coupe. then my possibilites on mods are endless and i cant wait.

8. 1990 nissan 240sx with a turbocharged 2.5l RB25.
    ARP head studs
    cosmetic head gasket
    13 lbs of boost
    have been building car up for a year now making around 300 rwhp
    i just put 15 in wheels on it so its so easy to drift or burnout haha:)

9. '03 crown victoria. I plan on dropping in a 5.4 from an f-150, then I want to turbocharge it. Of course the bottom end needs to be built, so forged manley rods and diamond pistons. Should be no problem making 500 plus rwhp. Then I want to find a nice leather interior from another vic, or even a town car, and swap it all out. In the end I want my car to be similar to this, minus the big blower sticking out. It's a 2000 crown victoria with a lightning engine ( which is the same 5.4 as the trucks , just with a blower).

Attached Files:

10. I can't speak about saab and audi's but automatic transmissions are great for boost if they can handle the power. With an auto transmission you don't have to dump boost to shift like you do in a manual, therefore you stay in boost while your shifting, instead of having to get back in after you shift, like on a manual car.

11. ya then your tranny slips anyway so who cares if you're still boosting a bar while you destroy your car? haha.

12. The cobalt ss has a no-lift shift feature...gas and boost is held while shifting when around redline @ full throttle

13. you have a 240 wit a skyline engine thats pretty sick id have to se that

14. a 240sx with an RB motor... thats fuckin genius!

15. if you were trying to be a smart ass it really didnt work.

and im just saying where im at no one takes the time to do motor swaps like that itd be cool to see in person.

16. #36 Nonexistium, Oct 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2009
    Your little cav-fire will outhandle a lot of cars with struts and goldline lowering springs. My friend put them on a cavalier way back in high school with the factory struts and five years later the car still handles like you wouldn't believe. The car drives like its on rails.
    i've owned: 1992 celica gt with a 5s-ge hybrid motor
    1984 celica supra with a 1jz-gte swap.
    1986 BMW 535i
    1996 mazda miata
    2002 nissan maxima se powerstop c/d front rotors, centric rears, hawk performance ceramic pads front, akebono ceramic rear pads, soon to have custommaxima stainless cat-back and front rear strut tower bars, looking for an HLSD 6sp to swap for my non-hlsd unit. Then my beater is complete haha.

edit: forgot the Eibach pro kit and Tokico HP's (blue)

Also I have owned a 2003 ninja 250 and currently ride a 2000 kawasaki zr7.

17. I have a 04 VW GTI 1.8t.

Already done is
    neuspeed intake,
    N75 j-valve race type
    Blisten sport shocks with FK race springs.
    Unitronic stage 1+ file

Future Plans,

Go BT probably a gt35r
    Unitronic BT file
    Forged rods
    Built engine
    Lightwieght pulleys
    Eurojet Race FMIC
    Eurojet silicone piping
    Eurojet 3in TBE
    B&G coils
    HKS SSQV BOV
    OEM .:R32 big brake kit
    BFI bushings all around
    B&M short shift kit
    HP fuel pump
    Bigger injectors
    strut bars
    bigger swaybars
    BBS RCs with 10mm spacers up front and 25mm in the rear
    20th anniversary front valence

thats about it.

18. 2008 EVO X, Right now just have konig zero 18 in wheels, HKS hi-Power dual exhaust.
    for the future:
    Test pipe
    downpipe
    bigger intercooler
    FP red turbo
    swift lowering springs
    SRI
    short shifter
    tints
    tune
    intercooler pipes and much more to go but i still owe so much on the car so im done for now

19. ^ how is that 4b11? im still leaning toward the 4g63 :D

this chick i used to mess with got an evo for her 16th (or 17th? i cant remember) bday a while ago, dude i thought i was about to drive that car into a pond, i was so fucked up hammering in that thing on ice with fast-paced classical music playing and her screaming at me to stop driving like a jerk. that shit should have been in an evo commercial.

20. bleh I only have a 03 cav 2dr m/t. the cavy people should be driving! lol theres nothing done performance wise but if I ever come into a large sum of cash I plan to v6 swap, boosted, short shifter, cold air, lowered, etc etc etc...