Modest Mouse

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by TheAviator, Dec 3, 2008.

1. its like they specifically designed their music for high people lolololol its like so trippy/awesome

2. yes. of course

3. moon and antartica

AMAZING.

4. fact. there is no reason to listen to any of their albums besides this one.

5. yeah for real

they have some good stuff on their other albums but moon and antartica is pure gold.

6. hey wait!

I heard there was a music section in this forum.....

hmmm

7. You sir are correct it's called the music hall I believe.

8. the music hall?

9. Yea music hall it's 3 under general after real life stories and the artists corner..........

10. yeah...this would go in the sub-forum called music hall..

regardless, yes modest mouse is awesome, theyre spectacular live

11. Well most of their work prior to Good News was written under the influence of various drugs... Which is what made them so great. Moon and Antarctica is one of my favorite albums of all time... and even their last album had a few shining spots on it.

12. Modest Mouse.... :hello:

None of their albums touch the Moon and Antarctica. I agree with Banana Blunt, pure gold. The Lonesome Crowded West is pretty good, everybody should check out Out of Gas. We Were Dead Before the Ship Sank is eh, but its got some good songs.

Songs for the new listeners to check out (*'s = MUST)

3rd Planet*
    Out of Gas*
    Trailer Trash*
    Bankrupt on Selling
    Heart Cooks Brain
    Bukowski
    The Ocean Breathes Salty*
    Doin' the Cockroach
    Dark Center of the Universe
    Gravity Rides Everything
    Paper Thin Walls
    Wild Pack of Family Dogs*
    Fire It Up

13. I love Modest Mouse, I've seen them live 4 times. Twice with String Cheese Incident :rolleyes:

14. That's your loss. Anyone who wants to say they're a modest mouse fan and only listens to one or two of their albums is selling themselves short.

I'm now up to 73 songs, even got some off of Sad Sappy Sucker. Some recommendations aside from their more obvious songs:

Broke
    Baby Blue Sedan
    Convenient Parking
    Alone Down There
    Workin on Leavin the Livin
    Breakthrough
    One Chance

15. The Stars Are Projectors

16. bumping this thread because it never should have left the first page in the first place

17. i love modest mouse. glad to see alot of other people like their music

18. hmmm interesting. How do you know that?

19. Just listen to interviews taken with the band. Brock doesn't exactly make it a secret to the public, be it through interview or through his lyrics that the band once liked to use.... But that stopped when it came time to make Good News for Poeple Who Like Bad News (as is evident by the song The Good Times Are Killing Me)

20. if you havnt listened to cowboy dan then fuck you :p

listen to it

-BW