Moderated First Posts from New Accounts?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Skyjester, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Has anyone figured out what percentage of first posts from new accounts on GC are either disallowed, shills or trolls? As far as as I can tell it's way over half especially in the non-cannabis forums. If you haven't considered moderating first posts from new users, the effort would be hugely appreciated. IMO just the policy change will greatly reduce the amount of wasted time for thousands of people.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. The current excuse from the admins is..that, "we are volunteers and can't be everywhere"
    however mods are good and removing any post that members do report

My bitch is that once the post is removed a horrid red notice is replaced
    worse that the spam that started it all ,,,lol

any shit just report it

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. I’ve been on the staff for another forum mate and you’d be surprised how much time it takes up.
    Get a hundred pm every day,
    got responsibilities to monitor certain areas, constantly got promotional stuff to deal with. aswell as trying to find time to come here and enjoy the place, do your own thing, hold a journal, help guys out, have fun :)
    it’s not like being a cuntbook mod where you just click like or ban them then go watch videos of kids setting themselves on fire while eating tidepods for half the day.
    It genuinely does take up a massive portion of your day... while holding down a full time job, kids, social life, not all weed site mods are middle aged, cat owning, cardigan lovers. most of them do have lives outside of here so help them out by reporting things that shouldn’t be here. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. #4 Skyjester, Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    If many or most of these first posts are bogus, the mods are already doing much or most of the work required to not have the forums junked up in the first place. Again imo just the policy change will greatly reduce the problem, since few people will bother to cause a problem if they know their first posts will be moderated.

5. i'm not sure if i or others understand how it works. i just know of one place that makes it so you can not message or recieve messages your first fifty posts. once you get to fifty, then the following day, you can get messages.

would something similar be to not let new accounts post URLs until they get to fifty posts, then the follwing day they could post URLs? surely a mod would find them beforehand. not sure if the forum software would allow it. be great way to can a lot of spam.

6. So you want to silence dissent AND you don't want anyone to be aware that you did it? I think the red alert let's more people know what not to do than having a secret police like the Nazis and several other dictatorships had.

7. Not at all

8. Oh, I misread. Carry on.

10. I try and find an example but the mods are too quick for me