Model walks into propellor, sues.

Discussion in 'General' started by rain dancer, Mar 27, 2012.

1. I bet she is still sexy, even with a missing eye and leg.

2. Why would you think it was a good idea to say something like that? You want some woman, who you have never met nor has done anything to you, to be chopped to pieces because you find it funny?

I'm really starting to dislike the public space of GC.

3. Wish I would been a member a long time ago, seems like a few different people are annoyed by what a lot of people post now

4. looks like i got a propeller to walk into

5. #65 Fëanor, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
    Wow are you really going to make excuses for this lady?

Possible fog conditions? Do you have anything to support that or are you grasping at straws trying to make up excuses for her? Considering the whole purpose of the flight was to look at Christmas lights, I doubt it was very foggy.

Inept flight crew who points you in the wrong direction? Funny because that's not what the NTSB report says:

"After he opened the door, the passenger started to get out of the airplane. Upon noticing that she was exiting in front of the strut, the pilot leaned out of his seat and placed his right hand and arm in front of her to divert her away from the front of the airplane and the propeller. He continued to keep his arm extended and told the passenger that she should walk behind the airplane. Once he saw that the passenger was at least beyond where the strut was attached to the wing, and walking away, he dropped his right arm and returned to his normal seat position."

CEN12LA125

Anyway it looks like she has settled for 7 figures and is looking at a book deal. And they say that education is the road to success...

6. #66 SirenWasHere, Mar 29, 2012
    I'm not 'making up excuses' for anyone. I'm trying to rationalize what happened. Shit happens, bottom line is none of us were there, and we don't know how it happened exactly other than what people say. I feel bad that she had to go through something like that, and I didn't see the need to turn someone's maiming into a joke fest. I'm sure she feels stupid enough as it is, don't you?

As I've said, people have walked into propellers in the past. Was it really necessary to jump down my throat about something that doesn't effect you in the least?

7. Sorry, didn't mean to jump down your throat. But you said you would sue as well if you were in her position. That upsets me because from where I sit SHE is the only one responsible. Rationalizing what happened is fine when you rationalize in your head, not when you claim that someone else owes you over $1 million dollars for your own screw-up. It does affect me indirectly, because every time insurance companies pay out dumbass settlements like this, everyone's rates increase accordingly. It might not be perceptible but trust me, the insurance company isn't just paying out millions of dollars and letting themselves lose that money.

8. Ever since another idiot brought a frivolous and pointless lawsuit to an actual courtroom, and an even bigger idiot chose to preside over it and actually call it a "case".

That's when.

Seriously, all this bullshit and nonsense started somewhere. It's called "legal precedent".

It's also the reason that "insurance" in general has gotten so fucking out of control. It disgusts me how much I pay other people just for the sake of being "insured".

Hell, if I didn't have to pay medical, dental, life, car, renters, or homeowners insurance, I could probably pay for anything that would happen to me with cash.

9. #69 flapjack1439, Mar 29, 2012
    just wanted to say that the woman who sued McDonalds for the coffee being to hot was a legit lawsuit. people always say this one but never accually read up about it. They were serving coffe extreamly hot, i know coffees hot but there is a stranded for coffe temps, i mean if you make coffe at home and spill it on do you EVER get third degree burns? they knew thier coffee was to hot too and didnt give no fucks

Pics if u wanan see http://pratlaw.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/an-old-posting-i-always-wanted-to-have-referenced/

10. 8 days in the hospital???

thats fucked, what did they give her? Borderline lava java??

11. I feel bad for the plane..

12. I don't have a problem with insurance, in theory. I have a problem with corporatized insurance companies who are in it to make money, not to serve their insurees. It's just like everything else in this cluster fuck of a country, corrupted by greed.

My issue is PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. If you walk into an airplane propeller, you're a fucking idiot. I am sorry she was maimed, but I have no sympathy. I'm not saying she deserved it, but I wonder what Darwin would have to say about stupid people and their accidents.... thinning the heard, eliminating the inferior.

13. wow I cant believe people are getting hurt feelings because other people are saying a woman that nobody even knows is dumb to walk into a propeller, then others are jumping to her defense, who gives a shit either way.

I care about things that impact me and people I know, anything else might hold my attention for a minute but after that I really could give a fuck...plus if you get mad about people disrespecting a woman who is now a millionaire, who merely got hurt, what about spike TV and making fun of people who die "1000 ways to die" now that's some disrespectful shit.

14. oh and fyi insurance rates are determined by a pooling like policies, a plane accident does not impact auto, home, dental or any other type policy but aviation and that's private aviation not commercial. So unless you have a private plane this will not impact you one dime...

15. Lol, 1000 ways to die is different..

Its not like she crawled into the propeller engine trying to find her make up..

bad comparison, whatevs

16. The comparison is they were doing something dumb and someone making fun of it, 1000 is way worse the people they disrespect are dead they do it purely to make a buck and the dead cant defend themselves.

17. #77 Mogwai, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2012
    Well fuckin' look at her. If I was a chick and I looked like that I'd be completely down for getting part of my face and hand fucked up by a propeller and walking away with over a million bucks and a book deal. I'm inclined to think that walking into that propeller did her more service than her "model career" ever would. I don't usually criticize people's looks... it's a fucked up thing to do. But when you shoot yourself into the public eye for being such a fucking idiot, it's just gonna happen. So yeah, she looks manly. I would guess that being a lumberjack or coal miner would be a more suiting job for her than a model. Unless she's modeling mens clothing, of course.

And man I can't see it being "easy to walk into a propeller" just because passengers/staff have done it before doesn't mean they weren't dumb as shit too.. or perhaps the situation with them was far different? This bitch literally just walked right into it o_O..

And the circumstances in her case don't matter. Loud noises and a possible nighttime fog (which I haven't ever heard was there..) would only incline me to exit a little more cautiously. It sure as hell wouldn't incline me to get out and just wonder towards the front of the plane. I assume she wasn't the only person exiting, so why not just follow the rest of the people getting off? Or was it so foggy that she couldn't see a foot in front of her and was left wondering around helplessly?

She's lucky to be alive.. but she's even luckier to get any money/sympathy out of being as careless as she was.

18. Years ago I burnt myself with a hot cup of coffee from Mickey D's now they put a warning label on the cup caution contents hot
    The skin grafts hurt quite a bit.

19. On a serious note, every time I read this thread I see it as.

Model walks into propeller, dies

20. Why?

J/k i misread shit on here constantly.