Mobius vs Sovereignty ??

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by nugsalad, Aug 21, 2011.

1. I'm torn between the Mobius Strato with the Matrix Perk and the Sovereignty King Stemline. This will be my first high end glass purchase, so I can't decide...they both look super sick! I haven't had a chance to use any of the pieces from Mobius or Sovereignty so I am looking for some adivice...maybe pros/cons of each from people of have personally used them or know a lot about both? Thanks!

2. Mobius was designed to be zero-drag, the sovereignty will be very smooth and diffuse incredibly. Check youtube for videos of both.

3. You will probably get a lot of opinions either way, but it mostly comes down to what you are looking for.
    dirt really summed it up nicely. The mobius diffuses well, but it is very over gridded (on purpose) so that essentially no matter how hard you pull you won't get drag. The sovereignty will diffuse very well, but it will have more drag than the mobius. They both give great hits...the sov will be smoother in general, and the mobius will have less drag, but should be a bit less smooth (though it should still be a great hit).
    I personally prefer stemless designs, and am a bit put off by the downstem in the strato, but it is supposed to be a great downstem, so I don't know if thats necessarily a con, but more of a personal preference. My main problem with it is for that downstem to be vertical (which is how it would function best) you would then have to have the matrix at an angle, which is bad. With the sov that isn't an issue. It wont really effect the hit much though, it just bothers me that the downstem wouldn't be performing as well as it could.

4. I have been watching tons of videos and they both look super sick...that is why I am having a hard time deciding what one I want. I just wish I had a chance to personally test both of them, but I don't. Any more feedback on the pieces? Would you rather have the Mobius strato with the matrix perk or King stemline?

5. #5 dirtridge, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2011
    I have no problem with drag, so I'd take the stemline. I also appreciate it's aesthetics more (especially kings). The mobius is a great piece if you prefer the 3 part system (bowl, downstem, bong) and will be like breathing without a tube on your face. The stemline will be a diffusion machine, stacking bubbles far up the tube while keeping a decent amount of flavor. The smoke will be very evenly and thoroughly diffused by the time you breath it.

Mada, you're great, but your rep is still worthless lol :D :laughing:

6. #6 nugsalad, Aug 21, 2011
    Helpful reply mada12589 and dirtridge. Thanks!

7. #7 habitualhero, Aug 21, 2011
    I own an SG king, never hit the mobius but...

you guys keep talking about SG having more drag, and maybe it does relative to the mobius, but as far as I'm concerned there is virtually no drag at all - I can't imagine how the mobius could have less, but then again like I said I have no experience with it. There is so little drag in the king that when you put ice in the pinches, sometimes they begin to levitate just due to the air that is passing over them!! Also no matter how lightly you pull on the tube, it will instantly start to bubble - there's no 'threshold' where if you hit it lightly enough it won't bubble.

the diffusion on the king is incredible - it feels like i'm just taking a deep breath. the intense diffusion of 9 gridded slits mixed with the high air-flow, lack of drag perc + 18mm dd bowl allows the tube to clear rapidly & shoot the smoke into your lungs for a super smooth hit.

the stemless design & the fact that the king is sort of a pseudo-straight tube allows for
    1) a nice down-to-business, sleek look
    2) easy cleaning
    3) opens up alot of options for nice high-end a/c's, since many gridded a/c's, etc. are 90 degree
    4) retains flavour better than multiple chambered bongs, since the smoke only has to pass through water once & has a chance to expand in the fixed stem before getting diffused.

and everybody loves bubbles [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSZRaQZKqDA]Sovereignty King Stemline - YouTube[/ame]

just my .02, I wanted to inform you with my own personal experience of the SG king. I'm sure other owners have had different experiences, and I'm sure those who have hit the mobius have great input for you. I'm not putting down the mobius in any way, only stating how I feel about the king

8. #8 nugsalad, Aug 21, 2011
    Great info habitualhero! I have wanted a King Stemline for as long as I can remember...so I am leaning more into that direction. I am also a big fan of stemless tubes. The only problem is if I can get my hands on one :p

9. I watched a couple come & go on water labs before I bought mine, and they popped up roughly once a month - I pulled the trigger on one back in May, though, so it might be different now.

10. Rumor has it that mobius is making a stemless line...thats what my lhs says anyways. He said the last time he talked to him he had a stemless to a matrix that he wanted him to try out. Mobius blows outta San Louis Obipso and thats like a couple hours from here..so its very possible that he could be telling the truth. He did also say that hes got 3 matrix downstems coming in. 2 already sold and I want the last 1 he has available but dunno about its functionality and price....I thinks lik 60-80 idk for sure as of yet.

As for Mobius vs The King Stemline...I have a Strato Matrix and I love it... I have never tried the King but I can imagine that you cant go wrong with either. I was actually looking at alot of pieces and it came down to the King or the Matrix and went with the Matrix only cause my lhs had a shipment coming in and I just loved the design...cant stop looking at it. I made a vid of it stacking bubbles and i just keep watching it over n over lol . The only downside about the mobius is the bowl. It took a little to get used to but its ok. I have a B.wilson DD that should be here next week sometime...cant wait...!!!!:hello:

11. You can't really go wrong... The Mobius has two water chambers, but it has a DS.

Preference really.

12. would be so sick if Mobius made a stemless piece with the matrix perk. I would buy it :p

13. I've always wanted a king stemline, and i JUST got one about a month ago. After heavy usage, i can say that this thing is a beast.

As far as drag goes, it takes about as much suction as it does to breathe, to pull smoke through it. Its SO easy to pull through. So, for people to sit here and say the matrix has less drag... I really cant imagine how.
    Only downside of the king (which is a debatable downside), is that because of its size, it takes a LOT of lung capacity to fill and clear it in one breath. The extra girth of the bottom of the tube really packs a lot of extra smoke.

And as far as smoothness.. I have a HiSi triple U perc that hits smoother than anything I've got. The SG comes in a VERY close 2nd. But we are talking 3 chambers vs 1.

AND On top of the fact its stemless vs downstem... i'd have to go with the King.

14. just got the strato with the matrix. no drag, like at all, almost dangerously awesome.

15. i would get the mobius bubbler, if i got a mobius, fucking sick

16. I'd recommend the SG, but i'm also and SG owner. TO me there is little to no drag on my SG Stemline Mini. Stemline vs Downstem, I love my stemline to almost all other DS style bongs i'v used. Just better pull, taste, smoke, everything about it.

17. I'd love to see it stack like that when you milk it

18. #18 JMS31207, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2011
    There is so much great advice on here I'm not sure what to say ;p

They both are gonna hit great, stem will have near-zero drag while the möbius will have none. Both will have incredible diffusion so you know you will get a smooth hit either way (although I think the gridding on the stems are smaller and would be slightly superior).

For me it would depends on two factors.
    1. Looks
    2. Price

I prefer the looks of the stemless bongs so that's my bias, and if your buying online the price will be close enough to not make a difference either. If you buying from a local head shop the prices could be better or worse depending upon how good of a relationship your shop has with the blower, and if they would thereby transfer good deals to you. I'm also the kind of person that has to have what everyone wants (not to flaunt it), and I think king stems are in much greater demand then any möbius tube (my opinion) but will therefore be much harder to find. But they also come with a b. Wilson DD slide if you buy from aqua lab.

Such a hard decision... Im sorry because I'm sure my post did nothing to help you, if not make the decision harder lol.

19. If you like looks I mean the matrix perc's design alone is sexy. I mean it has a luxurious appeal to it

20. great info from that guy....i would also go with The SG King Stemline...i own two Sg Mini Tubes and fucking love them...i also bought a few other pieces around the same time including a couple vaporizers, glass pipes, bubblers, and bongs but these two SG pieces are the only ones i use anymore...occasionally i use my 2011bc bubbler.

PUFFER