Mobius Matrix

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by reverseSTONED, May 11, 2011.

1. I bought a mobius the other day, still waiting on it actually. alt likes to take 4 days to ship on 3 day shipping. I went with the retti perc instead because the matrix looks WAY to free flowing for me. Dont get me wrong, i like no drag, but it sounds like air. I like at least some water bouncing around.

I have a LW/DOC collab 15 arm and love it. But even it is plenty free flowing for me. I couldnt imagine the matrix in a bub like that. I mean im sure its nice. but for my preferences I went with the Retti in the strato tube.

2. #22 xsploit, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2011
    chubbs was also using a oil dome when hitting the matrix, when i watch the lw 15 and the matrix, the matrix with lw disc screen bowl=win, i thought you just need a high flow bowl.

3. LOVE your videos Knicker! :)

Awesome choice of background movie. ;)

The matrix is gorgeous and stacks bubbles like a champ! Looks like it smokes much easier than the LW bubbler you have in the 2nd video.

Can't wait to pick up my custom Matrix piece at the end of this month! :D

4. Thanks, I'd like to see the work on that Matrix.

Here's another comparison video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyMQIAn9oCs]YouTube - ‪Toro Micro Double Hex v. Mobius Matrix Dewaar Bubbler‬‏[/ame]

Attached Files:

5. ^sick toro. Im sure that thing hits so nice.

I got my 16" strato retti mobius tube in today and i love it. I paid under 400 for it and you really cant beat it. So much quality for the price. Feels so solid. Its my first double chamber tube.

Im very impressed at the value and craftsmanship. Anybody thinking about picking up a mobius. Dont hesitate. Prices will go up within the next few months to a year.

6. #26 xsploit, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
    wheres the milk vid at man? cmon and knicker just post a vid of the matrix taking full tokes.
    Very nice glass

7. Definitely post up the Retti ... don't think I've seen many milk vids ... most are for the matrix.

8. I love your videos man. Keep em coming, the one with the movie playing in the background cracked me up. lol.

9. I'm getting a custom nano, but after seeing these new 29/18 Matrix downstems, I'm considering getting a Strato instead. O___O

[​IMG]

10. Wish mobious made more budget-able tubes.

Sure that matrix is nice and luxurious, but I'd be perfectly happy with half the grid work, and a drop in price.

11. i wonder how many little chinese children he has working for him in his sweat shop to grid aall them tubes lol

12. tooo bad eh?

13. I don't know how old all these posts are but I recently got a mobius nano with a matrix and I can say it has little to no drag. I find you only use like 1/4 of the holes when taking the hit but regardless of the angle you hold it at you'll get the optimum number of holes because of how the perc is designed. although I cant compare it to a peyote (SVGW) because I haven't hit one but I find the design similar to that. Anyways when clearing you'll use almost if not all the holes.

I haven't hit the bubbler or any other of mobius pieces because they do not have a strong presence in my area. but I do enjoy my tube alot

also for water level I put it above the entire matrix perc

14. You guys don't get it someone buying this piece is buying just for the "overkill" factor it's the whole point of the piece.

15. Clear mini bell is cheap but no serious perc or gridding

Also a nano at $290 which is not bad imo

Puffer

16. this.

the point of the piece isn't maximum diffusion, it's for no drag. of course only the top two to three rows of grids are going to fire correctly - that's a no brainer.

the additional gridding is for reducing drag, which imo it does very well. the harder you pull at clearing = the more grids that will fire = the less drag you're going to have (even though at only half strength the piece is still pretty much dragless)

do you think 2011bc's netline, all the grids fire when milking? no. do they all fire when clearing? I'm gonna assume so. same purpose here. extra grids reduce drag period eos.

17. #37 royalrepis, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2013
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lqsWqDrYNg[/ame]

18. lol and mobius doesn't "grid" their pieces its all laser cut

19. Anyone still feeling the lw15 arm bubbler? I know I use mine as a daily driver.

Never see much about leisure glass anymore, but the leisure I've seen fall off a five foot tall shelf, land on a concrete floor and bounce without so much as a scratch.

Watched an interview ith Luke and he said he made them that way since his mom used to smash his pieces, so he wanted something a lil more unbreakable.

I thought 350 was a lot when I bought it but watching glass bounce on concrete and not scratch or break made me a believer/fan for life. Just wish hed do something beyond trees.

• Like Like x 1
    I also wish LW would do something besides trees. But I'd love to own that 54 arm piece lol.
    My main reason I don't look at his stuff more is I don't like the colorful logos. Sounds lame I know but when I'm spending that much I want to like the look of it and I prefer sandblasted or very understated logos.
    I do love his brother's slides though... got a few of those :D

I believe that about the LW surviving that fall. I've never admitted this on a forum cause it exposes me as someone who occasionally can be a real impulsive asshole with anger issues (lol), but during a heated argument with my wife I picked up our Mobius Ion Matrix bub and threw it against the wood floor with some force. It bounced, hit the wall and bounced off that and slide across the room.
    I felt sick instantly. Knew I'd fucked up. Wife was distraught I'd done such a thing. Anyway, went over to pick up the pieces and the fucking Mobius is UNSCATHED. I shit you not. The OGB slide and carbon filter that were in the joint at the time were obliterated.
    The Mobius, I couldn't find a scratch. It was like a fucking miracle and both the wife and I were so happy we completely forgot the argument, got high with the Miracle Mobius and had great make up sex.

True story.