Mobius Matrix

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by reverseSTONED, May 11, 2011.

1. Any of you guys see this piece yet? It looks sweet, but I notice in vids that more than 2/3 of the grids aren't even used while pulling with a bowl in and only half are used in clearing the thing.

Very confused as to why they would go to such crazy lengths to make that outrageously awesome perc when it doesn't even really work...

vid: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-4AOnihDLg&feature=related]YouTube - Mobius Matrix 3[/ame]

2. agreed, there is an extent to which the grids aren't necessary because they are too far down to ever be used during the hit, even when clearing. This is a good example of that, although I wonder if drawing much harder on it would yield different results ;P

3. I remember reading somewhere, and it was posted by the creator, that you won't get all the slits to fire unless you drag really really hard ... I'll try to find his exact words and post it up.

4. over gridding is also used for drag purposes. basically reduces most of the drag.

5. Could you explain how holes that are not having air/smoke pulled through them reduce drag?

The only thing I can think of is that when the air bubble moves into the perc area during the first second of pulling the extra grids allow the ~20mL of moving water to flow out of the perc more easily... so you're telling me circle put ~70 extra holes on this piece so water could flow more easily out of the perc?

That just seems stupid...

6. #6 Just619, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
    That's exactly what I am saying. Also here's his post on another thread

"There is aproximately 35 vertical slits and 5 rows of holes in this particular perc. Even if you only get the top 3 rows of holes to fire you are utilizing 105 holes. If you tug super hard you can get the full 175 holes to fire.... But you gotta be superlungs"

7. Hahaha. Okay, thanks for the info, Just. Seems like overkill to me, but I'm no glassblower! I'd rather him have half the holes, 1.5 times the drag and 2/3 the price! :p

8. One of these went up on BM recently, a little pricey but this thing is very cool!

9. it is overkill, or you could call it "luxury"

if I had to choose between

Reduced drag, higher price.

Increased drag, lower price.

I would choose increased drag, lower price.

But Thats not an option.

10. Just got this in today:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8dotKdhlg8]YouTube - ‪Mobius Matrix Dewaar Bubbler‬‏[/ame]

Attached Files:

11. #11 Hydroriffic, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2011
    that peice is dope as fuck, my favorite perc on the market, looks like some crazy diamond studded, hahah cool utube vid[​IMG]

12. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXIXGT_Zy2Q]YouTube - ‪Chubbs Tests The Mobius Matrix Perc System‬‏[/ame]
    idk man in this video with chubbs this doesnt look all that great. definetly overkill. grab a 2011BC bub i love myn

13. I saw a post by the creator of this piece saying something along the lines of "I would rather have way to many holes then not enough" That's a good philosophy for quality. If your cheap and would like more drag then don't get this sexy piece

14. Chubbs is no doubt a very experienced smoker but he used too little water in that piece. I don't even think the water is covering the top layer of grids.

15. Holy shitting fuck balls that made me laugh. Props

16. ^ that vids water is super low and it looks like hes using a disk slide or not pulling very hard

17. I could be interested in the bub just because for a bub I think it looks classy. Not sure I wanna fork over that kinda cash for a bling perc but meh. that percs so drag less you could call it -10% drag perc because even an industrial vacuum cleaner couldn't engage all those grid's.

18. #18 knickertoker, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2011
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMbTw0R4Nug]YouTube - ‪Battle of the Dewaar: Mobius Matrix v. Luke Wilson 15 Arm Bubblers‬‏[/ame]

Attached Files:

19. The LW is obviously more chuggy.

20. Why is it that everyone uses so much water in there LW 15 arms..mine wouldn't work well with that much water.