Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MMP Regrets?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by NahawaDoumbia, Jul 30, 2011.

1. #1 NahawaDoumbia, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2011
    Im not sure if a thread like this has been done before so here goes nothing. do any of you who have medical marijuana cards ever recall a time where you regretted having one?. i recently got my card (after doing alot of thinking and planning since about 2005) and while i am happy with the fact that i finally have one i cant quite say i feel comfortable with it. The day that i got my card i was standing in line a nervous wreck. i had a lot of positive thoughts but i also had some negatives. The biggest negative thought i had was i kept wondering "is this going to ruin me for the rest of my life and keep me from ever getting the dream job ive always wanted". I cant fully relax when i smoke because i keep thinking about this, it also causes me to have some major panic attacks when i am medicated. The point i am trying to make through all of this is that, if any of you have had similar experiences or even if you haven't ever had a worry please post here and explain why it does/doesn't worry you and explain how you overcame that fear.

And to add on to the anxiety i just saw something where someone was denied health insurance because they are a MMP.

2. #2 tudadi, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2011
    ahhh stick a fork in it

If you dont have a productive way to add to the conversation
    please dont post.

Please respect The vibe at the city

Slinger

3. what was the point of that? :rolleyes:

4. That I couldn't get it any sooner...

5. I've had mine since I was 17 and I work for a private security company who specializes In k9 searches. And no, they haven't found out. I would recommend getting a doctors recommendation but stay away from the actual state issued medical marijuana card.

6. ive had mine a few years and i can relate here,,,
    i figure worst case i can let it expire but I sometimes find myself worried haveing the card could be worse then actually not having it, as the law is challenged all the times still,i wish i knew how not to worry ...lol...no help huh..sry

7. Not really relevant unless you are saying these dogs are trained in drug detection, jussayin...

8. #8 SanDiegoStonerz, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    It's relevant, I work with leo's all day who's job it is to stop drug use.

Attached Files:

9. I recently decided to start job hunting. And every place is like drug testing. But I fill them out anyway. Like worse case scenario they ask me and I straight up tell them I have my rec. You got it for a reason traditional medicine doesn't work. I haven't tried this on any employers yet but when I do I'll update.

10. How's that workin' out for them?

11. LOL. fucking awesome security company you must work for.

12. link us that thing you saw about someone getting denied health insurance.

13. I don't have regrets but it still doesn't feel real. I still feel like I am sneaking booze from the liquor cabinet. A few reasons for this...

1. I've found a majority of budtenders to be complete jerks. I know they are not trained for bed side manner but c'mon, we are called patients for a reason.

2. The state laws are being modified too much. Every couple months you'll see a house bill attacking centers and/or patients. I get worried I will rely on a medicine that won't be around very long.

14. I understand how you feel but even if the attacks continued and tried to attack the progression of understanding marijuana has made, people won't change their mind about a medicine that works, is a free resource to many, and is a very versatile medicine that will heal other symptoms besides the one your medical card was based off. I wouldn't change even if it became completely illegal in all states. I woke up with horrible stomach pains this morning and .3 of Jack Herer fixed that problem. I didn't have to wait 30 minutes for the pills to dissolve :):smoke:

15. I would like to think nationwide legalization is just a matter of time but I have family members who still don't view this plant as medicine even though my symptoms have taken a 180.

16. Cam, showing them a few studies on the subject might help! Click that first link in my sig- chances are, I have a couple on your condition! Most folks find it hard to argue with PubMed!

I do not regret getting "legal". And if you do, why the heck aren't you working as hard as I do to get cannabis LEGALIZED! Seems like most of you are content to gripe about things and sit there playing with your Wii! Become an activist and get busy! :hello:

Once cannabis is legal, we can do away with all this stupid BS! :yay:

Granny :wave:

17. My parents don't believe me either, they're stubbornly ignorant. I've tried showing them countless studies. Shouldn't doubt your own choices because of other people, go with what YOU feel is right.

18. This has to be a Nixon thing. It's weird my grandparents sound a little more open to it than my parents.

19. I don't live in a med state, but I know what you mean. I love my job and I would worry all the time that something might happen (accident or injury) that might get me a DT and a pink slip. I felt "contaminated" or "tainted" if that makes sense, and I would lose sleep over it. Eventually it faded.
    I did get hurt at work a while ago, 5 stitches to my hand. No DT. No fuss. That helped me feel better about it too.