Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

mmm mixture of kief and metal

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mj2398, Jan 5, 2009.

1. well id like to preface this post by saying that I am extremely paranoid when it comes to my health.

I have a pretty shitty 4 piece grinder with a kief screen and ive collected about a half a gram of kief. anyway, i noticed when i pushed it into a pile that it had a lot of shiny little specs which i would normally think are thc crystals. these are much shinier than the regular thc crystals though so i think they are pieces of metal from the grinder, because i look at my fingers after touching the grinder and theres sparkly shit on them.

I'm wondering if you guys think its still ok to smoke because its metal and wont be vaporixed by the heat of a lighter plus its such a tiny amount (perhaps there is literally .0001 grams of metal if even that much in it)

please give me some peace of mind gc

2. or just to be on the safe side, just dump the stuff on a piece of paper - spread / flatten it out. take a good magnet and run it over the pile. if it picks shit up. voila. if not. safe to vape

3. He pretty much nailed it.

4. #4 MarkimusPrime, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
    I'd just roll it into a joint or somethin...that way there's no chance of you pulling metal through. If it's hard to tell what it is...it's probably not going to enough to hurt you...but I haven't seen it...

EDIT: Listen to the magnet guy.

EDIT 2: Aluminum isn't going to stick to a magnet....don't listen to the magnet guy after all...lmfao

5. #5 IllaDead, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2009
    from what i've heard the flame from a lighter cannot vaporize metal. The only real health effect that I can see is if you are using a small piece and you mistakenly inhale pieces of meatal. However if you've got a bong you should be in the clear man! Damn a half gram of kief is a pretty sick high though, enjoy.:hello:

6. haha thanks a lot everyone. the magnet suggestion was very good unfortunately I do think it is aluminum. What im gonna do though is put it on a paper and shake it out see if the pieces separate themselves and i can take em out with my thumb then itll go into the press.