Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MMJ grown by the state?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Perspective12, Mar 12, 2009.

1. So State law makers in Oregon are pushing a bill to set up a state program, that will grow, and SELL MMJ to paitients in need. They intend to completely eliminate private grows. They claim that it will be a safer alternative than the current system in place.

They also intend to throw a sweet tax on all MMJ they sell. 98$(just tax) per ounce!!

Im not sure if this is completely true, since this is coming from Yahoo news..

Has anybody heard about this?? Is there any truth to this story??

2. Yes. All OMMP patients need to write their reps about this. This will remove access to medicine for many who now grow their own. I think this is a violation of the Americans with Disability act as they are targeting ill patients to pay a new tax. Most of these are very poor people who will lose their access to medicine.

clinton

3. If that is true then this is a definite step backwards.

4. i need to move to somewher wit decrimanalized weed... stupid florida

5. This isn't fucking communism. I don't want my fucking government providing me with medication.

6. bud takes love to grow, love isn't in the us government's vocab, not too sure about mass produced nuggets

7. I'd be most worried about the extra $98 bucks on the Oz... Like DAMN.

8. Don't worry if government was in charge the quality would suffer and the price wouldn't be too high anyway.