Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

mmj for arthritis/stills disease? ANYONE WITH MMJ EXPERIACNE PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by dav3k, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Well my dad has stills disease, which appears every few years, and confines him to bed with horribly high fevers, and horrible arthritis pain. For those who don't know, stills disease is a fairly rare auto immune disease, I dont know much about it, not many people even with it do, but it goes with awful arthritis pain. It's like having the flu with arthritis instead of muscle pain, so more painful, for 6 months on end every few years for him. well now i live in tx, (maine before) so medical mj is no longer an option for him, not that he would have thought to try it before. (not out of prejiduce really, altho he wouldnt do it anyway, but because he only knows about as the media reports, for cancer) but anyway, I'm wondering is there anyone here with any simaler disease, or even just arthritis, who benefits from smoking? I'm not saying a bit, but something that can really help a lot. His new job here, he has no sick leave from, so he's going to go thru hell, feeling worse than lots of us can imagine and still going to work. his last bout of it, he didint get out of bed more than a few minutes a day for months and months.

So does anyone know if it will help much? if you have a common cold and smoke up, you feel great, but its noticable you feel worse the next day and it takes longer to heal, will it just make him feel worse? or should i ask if he wants to smoke up next time i have some good hydro, and see if it helps him?

*edlt* i forgot to say, he's just coming down with it again.

2. Sorry to hear about your pops condition first off. When I went to talk with my doctor, she said that there is early evidence that MJ is an effective anti-inflammatory. She said that is some test subjects MJ was actually found to stop the progression of rheumatoid arthritis. However more testing needs to be done to more thouroughly document it. Either way I hope you Dad finds some relief bro.

3. First, let me start by saying that I do not have access to "real" medical grade marijuana, nor have I been fortunate enough to try it. My experience below is with street grade marijuana that I find more useful than many of the prescription drugs I have tried.

Many years ago, I was diagnosed with what my doctors believe to be Ankylosing Spondylitis. Pain is almost constant in my hips and every few days I will have very uncomfortable lower back pain. The extent of my pain relief depends on the quality of the herb that I use. Mids will make the pain much more dull, and allows me to ignore it moreso than I would without marijuana. Real dank stuff will make my pain much softer, and the marijuana allows me to walk almost entirely without assistance or a limp.

I guess the best way to describe it on a smaller scale would be to take your fingernail, and firmly scratch your arm. Kinda burns, stings maybe. This would be my pain without marijuana. Now, with the same amount of pressure, rub your arm with your thumb. You feel the pressure on your muscle, but there isnt any stinging or pain really associated with it... this is approximately how my hip and spine pain is effected. I hope this helps a little, but Im sure that everyone who uses marijuana for pain relief has a different experience.

And one more thing, lying in bed can cause me a lot of pain as well, which then causes me to toss and turn a lot at night (which causes even MORE pain). I usually miss out on a lot of sleep because of this. With marijuana, I can stay still much easier and become much more comfortable with very little movement. After I get comfortable, I just let the herb take me to sleep and wake up feeling fantastic :smoke: Good luck to your father, hopefully he will give marijuana a chance :eek: