Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MMJ cross border question

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Randy79, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys, whats the deal with being in possession of medical marijuana that you bought have a prescription for, but you carry it into a state where mmj is illegal. Is it illegal to have it on you, WITHOUT smoking it?

2. Yes, when you cross into another state, you are subject to the laws of that state. If they don't have medical marijuana then it doesn't matter if you have a recommendation or not, you will be treated just like anybody else caught with weed. Also you'll face further prosecution for transporting it across state lines.

3. thanks a lot man. i love this site :D

4. #4 marcog357, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
    Be careful even in your own "legal state" also. Even though state law deems it legal to have, consume, grow mmj, it is still federally illegal. That is why dispensaries still can get raided and shut down even though the state says its ok. State troopers may let you go if they are not being dicks, but if FBI or DEA picks you up, then your screwed. But if you have the DEA after you then your probably doing something very illegal so yea, keep it on the down low still haha

btw, is that a destroying angel mushroom?

5. Also it not like a concealed weapons permit. You can carry in any state that allows. With mmj u have to get a recommendation in each state. So

6. Go to
    Concealed carry in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Go down to "Reciprocity" and click on it.

As far as MMJ there are a couple of states that do honor out of state recommendations, Az is the first to come to mind, while you can't buy with an out of state recommendation, in Az, it does allow you to carry and use your MMJ while in Az.

7. not sure man, when i first got my phone i loved the ability to take really upclose macro images like that and have them look so good, and that mushroom was sitting in the mulch next to my porch when i saw it, looked cool so i took the pic, was trying to be artsy i guess. i really wanna try shrooms though, need to ask around i guess.

8. Well dont try that one, that will destroy you. Read up on them first and have someone show you the edible ones too. Find the book Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World: An Identification Guide by Paul Stamens to make sure you find the right ones. The wrong ones are way deadly and there are many many times more deadly mushrooms than there are edible ones. Much less psychoactive ones. If you do go out to find them, happy hunting!

9. @Op Marijuana is still illegal under federal law (Classified under the same classification as heroin). & Each State has different laws which vary from State to State.

10. Please review the sticky threads - this is covered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.