Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mixing Marijuana and Painkillers

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Cartman420, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Got this insane neck pain so had to get these painkillers for em. "Muscle and back pain relief-8" is what its called. If it was off the shelf i wouldn't give a shit, but they had to go fish these out.

Ever smoke bud on painkillers? Can their be side-affects?

Doubt it...but remember when a buddy got fucked from mixing antidepressents n pot, so whatever. This is some pretty strong bud, might help with the pain? lmao

Thanks, my first bowl goes out to you.

2. the bud is ur pain killer!

3. Ive done it many many times. Should be fine.

4. MJ will have an increased effect of the painkillers but if they're OTC and not prescription you should be fine. However, to truly be safe you should google the active ingredients with "interaction with marijuana"

5. Definitely. The last thing you want is a trip to the hospital just for trying to treat your neck pains.

6. I have mixed Vicoden and weed before. Both lacing it and ingesting it. Whenever I have done this I passed out, standing up while hitting that shit. My family is genetically weak and allergic to painkillers.

7. Around here we call that smoking dirty....not cool. These kids I used to hang out with use to sprinkle crushed up Vicoden on the weed in a blunt. I would just pass on it and go buy my own bag....

Do research and you will be fine. My thing is, if the pain is THAT bad, just take the painkiller and not smoke.

8. I've smoke while on demerol, morphine, oxycodone, hydrocodone and codeine at the prescribed amounts (1-2 pills every X hours) without any negative effects other than passing out for an hour or two and getting a good nap.

I would recommend that you do look at any interactions your medicine may have though and possibly start with a lower pain killer dose depending on how bad the actual pain is.

9. I had my wisdom teeth pulled 2 days ago and they put me on hydrocodone (Lortab). I have been takin the tabs and smokin bowls and gets me feelin pretty good..great body high :)

:smoking:

10. took 7 percs(5mg) and smoked a bowl then a joint an hour later i was feeling really good.i think you will be ight just dont drink when you take thm.

11. I had my wisdom teeth removed monday, got a shitload of vicodin. I popped 2 and smoked hardly any bud but was stoney baloney the HOLE DAY , so go for it

12. first time i took a pain killer and got high. ten minutes after that, i had a great trip.

13. HOLY CRAP. last night i took 2 painkillers and i smoked about a gram, i was rolling. i thought i was gonna die of a heart attack because i felt that my heart was beating too fast and my blood was pumping too fast. it was terrible. i felt that my throat was closing up, i felt like my body was failing me. thats the last time i mix painkillers + weed.

14. We're no longer allowed to discuss other substances, that includes painkillers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.