Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

mixing loose leaf tea with weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by biorobotics, Mar 31, 2012.

1. has anyone ever mixed their weed with loose leaf tea? not to make tea out of weed (which i know is possible, but not what i want to do), but to alter the taste/smell, or just to add more volume?
    i ask because i'm a bit of a tea fanatic, and have some really nice loose leaf, like pu'erh with coffee beans, green tea with cacao nibs and cinnamon, and roasted mate with chicory, raspberries, and almonds. i tried adding a bit of the coffee pu'erh and green tea, and it didn't do much, except maybe make it smell a bit like coffee. i didn't use a lot, though, since i don't want to end up with a burnt mess and wasted tea and weed.
    so, any experiences with this?

2. I've mixed a little bit of chamomile just to add some bulk to my joint I was rolling. Actually gave the smoke a really nice chamomile smell. I remember it soooo clearly because I was baked as hell, and I picked up the slight hint of it in the smoke and all of a sudden, I was in England sipping tea. As to how healthy it is, I have no fuckin clue. But it smelled good, and didn't make it harsh at all. I'm sure other flavors of tea would have the same effect.

3. I have some oregano you can try if u want

4. I don't know. I mean, either way, you are inhaling burnt plant matter but I wouldn't mix anything with my flower unless I knew it was save. But it does sound interesting and I am definitely going to look into it!

5. Stupid idea. Just buy more weed
    Smoking tea doesn't do shit for
    U. It's all in your head man. Smoke weed am lets get real here.

6. i always think about using chammomile, i have once but used to much and it didnt end well. Still smoked the whole mix. I doubt its going to be harmful like tobacco but i dont see how it can be any worse then smoking any other plant (know of any? :p)

7. Instead of bawky, mint, camomile, tea makes a much better alternative to round up a joint.

8. [quote name='"Mr DudeMan"']Instead of bawky, mint, camomile, tea makes a much better alternative to round up a joint.[/quote]

How about just putting more weed to fill a joint.

9. #9 Mr DudeMan, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2012
    [quote name='"sgtstadanko"']

How about just putting more weed to fill a joint.[/quote]

How about just rolling a joint with a $10 bill?

10. He isn't doing it because he thinks it's going to get him higher he just wants to add a different taste and maybe add more volume while rolling joints.

But yeah like other people said I'd make sure you do research before you inhale burning plant matter that you dont know much about but then again I honestly cant see why it would be that bad for you

11. i actually don't roll joints, i use a small glass bong.
    i added more green tea and coffee pu'erh; no disasters, and a slight cinnamon/coffee taste and smell. :smoke:

12. I don't see what benefit this has so Id never do it. Im sticken to trees and trees only.

But I will throw this out there: Someone should try to vape with tea + weed

13. [quote name='"WestCoast510"']I don't see what benefit this has so Id never do it. Im sticken to trees and trees only.

But I will throw this out there: Someone should try to vape with tea + weed[/quote]

Damn, this would make for a tasty ass hit given the right combo :eek:

14. I tried putting some chamomile tea that I found in my pantry in my joint this morning. Worked pretty well, I only used about a bowl's worth of bud and just put enough of the tea to get it to the right volume I wanted. The smoke tasted and smelled pretty nice IMO

15. NO!
    The ONLY time I ever even considered this was when I had a pipe and kief, but no screen or bud to put under the kief to keep it from falling thru hole in bowl, even then I decided to jus either get a pebble from my driveway or make a screen out of a little piece of soda can real quick.

16. Let me know if u guys need a good oregano plug. Silly kids

17. verdict: it doesn't do much to the taste or smell when you're actually burning and inhaling, but i keep my weed in a pill bottle, and it smells fantastic (weed with a hint of coffee, chocolate, and cinnamon). :D