Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mixing Glycerin and alcohol tincture?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by treehugger057, Jan 23, 2012.

1. So anyone know if there are adverse effects from mixing an alcohol based tincture and a glycerin based tincture?

2. Kinda drunk really jigh

3. Well actually Im not mixing 2 of the same. One is a bronchaid to help with some bronchial problems I am having. This tincture is made with alcohol. I figure since Im already rocking a tincture bottle at work I might as well spice it up with my special glycerin tincture. Just curious if this will have any unforeseen effects?

4. [quote name='"treehugger057"']Well actually Im not mixing 2 of the same. One is a bronchaid to help with some bronchial problems I am having. This tincture is made with alcohol. I figure since Im already rocking a tincture bottle at work I might as well spice it up with my special glycerin tincture. Just curious if this will have any unforeseen effects?[/quote]

Do you think you could point me in the right direction to a tutorial on making a spray tincture. I currently have a batch of green dragon(still in alcohol form). I have green dragon oil and BHO also. Would like to make a very potent spray. Can you help me?

5. Technically speaking you could use that as a spray just put it into a spray bottle and your good because it is in liquid form.

6. So I didn't decarb first before soaking it in the everclear. Will that make a difference in its potency? I heard that it does.

7. Yes, you should always decarboxylate the weed or hash for potency. Look up Bad Kitty here in the city, she adds lecithin too and has many awesome recipes.

When mixing grain alcohol with glycerin, you get what is called propylene glycol, so you should be ok mixing the two.

:smoke:

8. Thanks Toasty, I thought I was in the clear just wanted to check to see if anyone thought it was unsafe or would be counter-productive.

Boyd you should always decarb, but all is not lost!(It took several tries at making tincture before I started to decarb. They always worked out) I however cant point you n the right direction on making a spray. I am using tincture bottles and I am v ery content with that method. Wish I could help. Bad kat may know whats up though!

9. I'm not certain, but I think propylene glycol is what's used in those electronic cigarettes. So, if you have one, you could put it in there and vape it.

10. I used to make mine for spray use, but my brother and I both choked on the extremely fine mist, lol. Maybe I'll try again using a different type sprayer, but I've been happy using the dropper method.

:smoke:

11. [quote name='"MikeFranklet"']I'm not certain, but I think propylene glycol is what's used in those electronic cigarettes. So, if you have one, you could put it in there and vape it.[/quote]

YES! that is the whole reason I started making oils and working with vegetable glycerine... To smoke it in an e-cig. But I need to make it more potent than the weak ass cartridges that you get from the clinics.

I believe a regular e-cig has propylene glycol, nicotine, and flavoring. The THC cartridges have vegetable glycerine a d cannabis oil. That's it. Well that's all that was listed under ingredients on the back of the packaging on one of those carts from the clinic.