Mixed strain Giixer 1000w led grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by packythebowl420, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Have a 1000w Giixer from amazon. 3 42w cfls. Seeds we're started with Scotts top soil then transplanted or amended with fox farm ocean forest. Currently about 3 weeks old on veg cycle. IMG_20190812_193724.jpg IMG_20190812_193740.jpg IMG_20190812_193804.jpg IMG_20190812_193809.jpg IMG_20190812_193828.jpg

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I'm afraid you won't have enough light. Your 1000w led is only 110 watts - not enough for even one plant.
    Good luck and welcome to GC. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. If you keep it small, you should be fine until flowering. You could flower under that light, but will have VERY limited yield. I have grown happy, healthy plants under less wattage LED for veg. It depends on your available space, your budget, your creativity, and what your expectations are. Enjoy the experience!

4. Agreed with the above members.....that light you have won't grow any record breakers....but it will get you to some kind of a harvest as long as you continue to care for it

5. It looks like you have a fairly open space in your grow area, and losing a lot of light. I would recommend using some reflective material to reflect as much light as possible. If you play your cards right, you can increase the useable light between 10 - 30%...

6. you can pick up a decent used HID (HPS or MH) light from ebay or craigslist for under $100. get something like that to start out with. LED can grow nice bud but it requires more start up investment. you can grow a few nice plants under a 400 watt HID light with minimal upfront cost and it will out-perform your current light.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah I lie by posting here. I'm not beginner lol. I'm aware of the low wattage. This is a closet grow for a female friend of mine learning the ropes. I never used HID before I usually veg inside under a shit load of cfl and flower outdoor. Can you use a 400w hid on a regular plug outlet or would I need to have a 220v outlet installed

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. 110v.

• Like Like x 1