Mixed signals

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Phonk, Jan 31, 2013.

1. #1 Phonk, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    I'm gonna keep this as brief as possible, bear with me...

-Girl and I went on a date this past Saturday
    -I end up finally kissing her when I drop her off at her house and she walks away giggling
    -She texts me an hour later saying "tehe, goodnight :)" and I reply "Goodnight. Have a good day at work tomorrow :)"
    -I text her later the next day with a simple hey. We both text each other back an hour late for each text (in an attempt for neither of us to appear desperate... at least on my end lol) and I end up asking her to be my Valentine she says yeah.
    -Yesterday, she hits me up and we start talking. She ends up telling me that she's not going to sleep any time soon. 10 minutes later, I text her saying to call me. I get no reply.
    -This morning, she texts me saying "Hey sorry I feel asleep last night". Right.

Before we even went on that date, she would give mixed signals and long story short, I end up telling her that we vibe really well and that I feel like I'm getting mixed signals. She says she felt the same and that's when I ended up asking her on a date for that Saturday.

It's clear that her and I have mutual attraction but I took her saying she fell asleep as her playing games again and I'm not really feeling that. My question is, is she giving mixed signals again or am I just overreacting? And, what should I do now?

2. Maybe she was nervous. You should have called her (what's the point of you asking her to call you?). Keep texting down to a minimum if you're trying to not appear desperate. Make yourself seem busy and don't hit her up every day. You've got shit to do. You're the prize type shit.

3. you're stressing for no reason, go after what YOU want and you wont have to go through these bullshit thoughts.

4. I didn't want to be the one to have always been calling her and whatnot. I wanted her to make an effort as well but I guess I went about it the wrong way.

Yeah you're right but in the past I've minimized contact so much that the girl eventually lost interest and I didn't want the same to happen with her.

5. lol.

Those don't sound like mixed signals at all to me.

You kissed her and shes now your valentine.

Sometimes people can't text back right away. Sometimes they don't text back at all. Don't stress it. Just keep doing what your're doing.

6. Mixed signals? You kissed her. She's your valentine. She wanted to stay up and talk so she said "I'm not going to bed anytime soon." She was actually pretty tired and fell asleep on you. Apologized the next day.

Sounds straight up to this guy.

7. If you make yourself interesting she won't lose interest. If you're busy, and not always up her ass you're interesting lol. Hit her up when you want to meet up. But don't flirt via text and keep texting down. If she asks why you haven't talked to her say you had things to do or went to a party.

8. Do not over analyse everything. Maybe she did fall asleep. Take it easy and enjoy your "getting to know you stage". this is supposed to be the most exciting and fun part of the relationship. Do not spoil it by over analyzing everything.

9. perfectly said

10. You should go after what you want and observe how much resistance and what kind of resistance she is putting up and then try and catagorize that resistance into either relationship resistance or friend resistance.

And BTW OP, if you ever kiss a girl good night, you should text her within about 1-5 minutes of the kiss, i know it sounds obsessive but women love that shit.

Same with if you just randomly get some girls number, i know alot of dudes who think it's better to wait a day or so before texting but i myself will wait at MAXIMUM about 10 minutes before texting her.

11. Thanks guys (and girls).

I've never vibed so well with anyone before, this girl is rad. We think the same about almost everything and it's great. It's funny cause when I initially saw her around school, I always thought of her as one of those shallow vain bitches. I was so wrong once we unexpectedly starting talking one day. Hopefully these "getting to know one another" stages get better and that she really is cool. /rant