Mixed led grow.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Diatt, Apr 18, 2016.

1. recipe for a killing spree :p Alls well that ends well at least

• Like Like x 1
  2. Your lucky you got it back it.. They say why it went there?? And they open it?

Nice on the test, I only read it a small amount seems like some stuff I have to read an ass ton to under stand a small amount lol.

He almost went "postal". :yay:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dude that test literally made me take a break from smoking. I felt so brain dead after it. And yea UPS said they don't deliver to PO boxes (never heard of that before) so they found the last address associated with the owner of the PO box (my dad) that address was his ex wifes 35 years ago lol!
    but yea man I got them back.

Hey I got a Q: when you're trying to keep your res cool I heard you can add frozen water bottles to the res, now does moving the plant up and down put it in a state of shock?
    I know you're an ebb and flow guy but maybe you might know.

4. What are you doing it with? Bubbler or dwc. Not sure what you mean by moving the plant up and down?

Ebb and flow is nice don't need to worry about hear issues or air pumps. I do anyways but because I add micro organisms to my tank. But my temps get max 75 now in a 55 gallon res tank. I am going to wrap a thermal insulation wrap around it and see if that will lower it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. [​IMG] the plants have only been under these new lights for 12 hours and already grew half an inch.
    [​IMG] this is a bubbler dwc system 55 gallons (45 liquid gallons) I keep my res temp under 75 trying to keep it under 70 by rotating frozen waterbottles by lifting up the middle plants net pot to fish them out and to add them

• Like Like x 1
  6. Try add relective to it to insulate it. If that doesnt put do the trick, you can add 24oz bottles maybe 2 litters should help. They would also keep ice from melting so fast too.

Cool, I got the same blue labs :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yea bro I got some foil tape I wanna tape around it but tbh if im going to have a res this big I'm going to switch to thicker material. It looks like this tub can bust from all the weight.
    Dude this BLG is amazing and it makes my res control so much easier. Well worth the money.

8. Ya I got the 4/7 solutions
    bro! I was literally just talking to my dad about how I need to redesign the res and hes like don't you have another 55g tub? I was like.... yes I'm gonna run out to HD and buy another tote and just siphon the current nute enriched water into the new tub with my water pump haha.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Not sure how well that work but sound like ebb and flow.

• Like Like x 1
  10. nah im basically just transferring the water into a stronger container via water pump. Still gonna be DWC

11. Did some defoil and some loli pop. Did another super crop on a bigger stem hope I didn't hurt it too bad. Had to use use a tool to bend it. Doing some lst, tieing the plant to the side, allowing smaller branches to come up.

New light comes in today so I'll be able to get an idea of penatraion soon.

Took quick pics didn't add filter.

Before
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

After

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Going to prune roots before flip.
    image.jpeg

Stem and knots
    image.jpeg

12oz steel city blue auto 1 week.
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bro the amares are amazing. My plants have made a huge improvement by being under these lights

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well a lot of things are over your t5's haha. I get mine today =)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ok I have set my spot up the best I can. I am flipping today. They are currently 19-22 inches. I have opened them up pretty well. If I see good growth I'll trim rest under.

I have beaten these Thc bombs to an extreme amount through learning. I hope none of this translates to veg :) I even split the main stalk by mistake. Check out the swelled up joints on that picture as well.

Before the flip pictures. 2x Cherry on the left in blue pots.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Poor guy :(
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  15. oh you too ran into lighting area problems LOL
    I had to buy new bulbs for the T5's to fit all my plants under

16. I had the lenses in, course can't do that for ever with 8 foot height :) but it makes more sense to me at 26 to get full use of the monos. At least I would think the monos light would diminish from that heigh up donno.

But also it runs hotter then 2 of my current LED'sd or seems it. Hard to really tell when fluxing weather, I decided I want to place a small fan up top help push warmer air towards exhaust.

17. nice. Yea the 450s bring the temp in my 5x5 tent up to about 82 degrees.
    when I have my inline fan blowing air into the tent the tent average is 75 degrees.
    Dude I got 1 plant that's grown 6" in a week.
    I really need to redesign this DWC reservoir to fit under these lights. As far as I've read in the other thread the lights optimum coverage is 4x4

18. Yeah, for 5x5 they offer the pro9 pretty nice looking light. But to be fair I have a busted led running at 190 watts and it's been growing veg just as good as amare on full blast. But I heard all you need is 25watts per sqf for veg. Were you will really see and notice is during the flower stage.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yeah, for 5x5 they offer the pro9 pretty nice looking light. But to be fair I have a busted led running around 150-200 watts and it's been growing veg just as good as amare on full blast. But I heard all you need is 25watts per sqf for veg. Were you will really see and notice is during the flower stage.

• Like Like x 1