Mix it up...

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by cRu3uRc, Feb 23, 2003.

1. anyone out there have any info on dj and mixing? i thought it always seemed really fun, but i don't know where to begin learnin about what i would need to start mixing and how to do it. if you know anyhting, or have any good sites, let me know!!

2. Are you talking about like mixing at a party, or what? My friend makes like techno type music just on his computer. Me and him have also made music at his house. There are a bunch of programs out there for that. Absynth is an awesome program for notes and stuff. Acid is a professional program for putting stuff together. Hammerhead is a free program that you can make drum loops on and stuff. He also has a couple synths that you can mix on, but those are like $500, but very cool. Of course you probably just mean at a party. If you are just wanting to like DJ at a party, I think you just need to get a bunch of equipment and party stuff so people will hire you. yeah. Vaporizer should be warmed up now.

3. I moved this to music hall.

Unless I'm wrong it should be here.

4. i spin hiphop..mainly underground though....

i have vestax pdx2000's and i love em. dope for scratching.

my mixer is a stanton sk2f. its alright, but my focus fader broke twice and my normal fader once...so i'm looking to get a new one...maybe a vestax pro 05, buti m not sure..

what do you need help with?

sites:
    turntablelab.com
    turntable2k.com
    asisphonics.net

5. i'm talkin bout mixin. not being a party dj. thats just puttin on britney spears and lettin her sing her lil heart out. i wann learn to do stuff w/ like turntables what-not and so-forth. anyone else got some info?