mites return with 3 weeks left

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by calinycgrow, Nov 13, 2007.

1. I have three weeks until harvest and I recently discovered that red spider mites have gotten back into my garden. I eradicated them at the beginning of flower but they must have made it back in. Since I have only three weeks left can I still use a bomb or is it too close to harvest? In the past I haven't used bombs past week 4. They are not bad right now but if I dont do anything it could get a lot worse before I havest. Any suggestions?

2. i was once told ladybirds can get rid of mites but where to get them from could be a little harder

3. Use neem oil. You put it on and the day after you can't tell you put it on. It's all natural and it works.

4. Ladybugs will eat them you can let them loose on your plants they wont hurt your plant

5. put the plants in the smallest enclosed, space you can and hang 4-6 of these HotShot No Pest Strips....they emitt a vapor, I would neem oil again just avoid the colas

if its a bad infestation, spray the colas too, neem oil breaks down in the air & light within a week or so , it is actually used on vegtables up to the day of harvest, I dont personally recommend using it that long

[​IMG]

6. Like I said its not that bad of an infestation. I really dont want to use neem because I have some pretty fat colas and dont want mold. Those strips look like they prob do the same thing as a bug bomb I just didnt know if whatever it contains will affect final quality/taste

7. I have 2 in each grow room 24/7 .....you cant even smell it

8. I ended up just bombing the room, the guy at the hydro store said it would be fine. For the future tho, where'd you find those strips?